Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 01:55 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure

Wow, really nice! That chimney reveal covered in stone looks great, too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Excellent my friend!

You never cease to amaze me.
I think I need to consult with you for my final finish!

Dave

My costs:

My pics:

Old 08-05-2008, 06:11 AM
Journeyman

Damn good. Can't wait to see it after the paint.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:16 AM
Master Builder

Very nice!! My wife and I were very tempted to buy some of those tiles when we visited New Mexico, but we didn't know what to do with them. They look great on your oven.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:27 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

It looks Better than Great! I really like the stamping. What did you use for that?

Old 08-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhansen View Post
Very nice!! My wife and I were very tempted to buy some of those tiles when we visited New Mexico, but we didn't know what to do with them. They look great on your oven.
Thanks DB!

If you still want to buy some tiles from NM: Art Tiles - Mag Mor Art Tiles

If you call them, they'll send you a full-color glossy catalog. Most of the tiles I saw in the gift shops around Santa Fe and Taos were from Mag Mor.

Updated!

Old 08-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by egalecki View Post
It looks Better than Great! I really like the stamping. What did you use for that?
Thanks Elizabeth.

I bought the letters from Michael's Crafts (also available from Wal Mart, Ben Franklin Crafts, Hobby Lobby, etc). I looked all over town and couldn't find any numbers; that's why the "8" looks a bit funny. I used the back end of a magic marker.

The little gecko was also from Michael's (25 cents).

I cut the Kokopelli stamp (not pictured) out of 1/8 inch masonite board. I found clipart, enlarged it to print on two sheets and used that as a pattern. A little patience with my jigsaw turned out a nice stamp. I'm planning on cleaning the Kokopelli stamp up a bit and giving it a paint job. He'll make a nice hanging decoration on our arbor when I get it built.
Attached Thumbnails
My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure-letters.jpg  

Updated!

Old 08-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Very cool Ken, looks awesome and a very clever idea!

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Master Builder

The tiles and stamped part really look great - good idea!
Funny thing, my mother has that very same white Kokopelli tile that my brother brought her from ... New Mexico. She uses it as a coaster for her coffee mug. Now, whenever I see it at her place, I'll think of your oven!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Very cool Ken, looks awesome and a very clever idea!

Les...
Yeah. He's a smart one that Ken!

And really creative. I wish I had his vision. I'm still stuck wondering how in the heck to finish mine so that it looks half way decent!

My costs:

My pics: