Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My Old Kentucky Dome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoose View Post
I was curious about the sides (wide sides)...they appear tapered from inside-out in the photos
Wow... I had completely forgotten that I did that. Yes, they are tapered (I tapered only one side) and I made the cuts with the HF 10".

I honestly can't remember if I made the cuts in one shot or had to flip the bricks over. It's been 3 years and my memory is getting really sketchy on the details

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Serf

great job....I like the way you tied everything in together with the patterned concrete....also nice work on the pergola~!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:43 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

For anyone interested, I have reworked my construction time lapse video. The old Dean Martin music was starting to get on my nerves. You can only listen to "That's Amore" so many times before fatigue sets in...

I reorganized the photos a bit and produced it in HD.

Updated!

Old 10-05-2012, 01:09 AM
Serf

Wink Re: My Old Kentucky Dome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken524 View Post
Dave,

My transition starts out underneath the arch and is pretty much the width of the arch, then slants upward to the top of the arch where it's about a half brick deep by about 13" wide (5 bricks on edge)

The transition is simply a square brick box with an 8"x8" interior sitting on top of it. I cut the lower bricks in wedge shapes to conform to the arch. Easy.

Will it work?? Beats me! I've never built one of these before.

I have really enjoyed your photos etc of your build. Can you advise me if you have used non firebricks to build the exterior arch? Also is it considered necessary to have a thermal break between the interior and the exterior arch?Thanks Jonnymac
Old 10-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Jonny,

Sorry I missed your post. The arch that is pictured above was built with the same firebricks as the dome. The color difference was due to the bricks being wet. The outer, decorative arch (not pictured above) was done with house bricks.

I didn't use thermal breaks anywhere. I had actually planned some but decided the amount of energy transfer wasn't worth the effort. My oven cooks like a champ and never disappoints.

Updated!