Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My Old Kentucky Dome

Ken, with an oven like yours you will just HAVE to make your own dough, sauce, and maybe even press the olives for homemade oil...

I really like the vent. It looks so simple and fits so well, matches the rest of the dome in fact.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
Ken, with an oven like yours you will just HAVE to make your own dough, sauce, and maybe even press the olives for homemade oil...
I enjoy making dough, that's no problem. I'll take a crack at homemade sauce; but I'll probably pass on the home-squeezed olive juice. Our grocery store has several varieties

Quote:
I really like the vent. It looks so simple and fits so well, matches the rest of the dome in fact.
Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with how it's turning out. More pics in the next post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Congrats bro!

Very Impressive.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 11-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Completed vent! Next step is to build a transition for the anchor plate.

Updated!

Old 11-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ken, what great work to finish to vent area. Excellent.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 11-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Peasant

It's gonna be a shame to cover the whole thing up.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice work Ken, VERY nice. Next we are going to have to take you to school on pizza making......no more talk of canned or jar sauce or grocery store dough. We'll getcha learned on the finer points of americanized WFO pizza making. You've got a fantastic oven, lets have it produce some fantastic pizza.
Thanks for all of the play by play, nice to see regular updates like you and Dave have provided.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Journeyman

Very cool.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTflorida View Post
Next we are going to have to take you to school on pizza making......no more talk of canned or jar sauce or grocery store dough. We'll getcha learned on the finer points of americanized WFO pizza making.
Thanks RT. I am really looking forward to becoming a sophisticated pizza chef . I guess I'll have to start reading the threads on dough mixers!

Ken

Updated!

Old 11-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Master Builder

That looks perfect. I especially like the tapered entry to the chimney. Question... I seem to remember you leaving a gap between the floor and the soldiers. I am there now. What was that all about?

dusty