Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 04:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My Old Kentucky Dome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerito View Post
Ken,

...I have saved a copy of your idea in my “oven folder”; I want to copy your design. Copy in not the correct word, it is more like an adoption!
Hi Guerito,

Copy away! My oven design is far from original. I "borrowed" just about every element from other projects I've seen here on Forno Bravo.

Have fun building!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:46 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoma View Post
Looks like a missile silo on the top.
Missile silo? Cool!

Updated!

Old 11-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Master Builder

Ken, it looks wonderful! And I may just copy that keystone idea ...
Congratulations!!

Sarah
Old 11-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ken, I like the silo idea. Really, when I get to that point with my oven, it may (or may not) become an option. Maybe 1/3's or 1/4's. Still, Your work deserves much respect.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 11-05-2007, 05:43 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken524 View Post
...and the finished dome; interior and exterior:

I also mortared the bricks on the vent landing.

I think you're in the wrong profression...

Looks great!

Old 11-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlf5 View Post
I think you're in the wrong profression...
You are too kind. I've seen professional masons at work and I'm definitely not there yet!

I'm pretty pleased with the way it's turning out, definitely better than I expected.

Updated!

Old 11-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

After a few days break I started working on the vent walls. I'm only laying 1 or 2 courses of bricks per day and letting the mortar set so when I tap on the next course it won't mess up the previous.

...and a gratuitous photo of me and my 4 Quality Control Inspectors.

Updated!

Old 11-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Journeyman

Seriously, that looks like something bought at the store. Great job!

Old 11-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey, that's a lot better than anything you could buy at a store...!
Old 11-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks again for all the kind comments. I really appreciate the encouragement.

After the temp climbed above 35F this morning, I headed out and worked on the vent walls. Since the bricks were cold soaked overnight, I threw them in a bucket of warm water to soak after cutting.

I was also able to cut the first two arch bricks. After cleaning up, I threw a camping tarp over it and turned on a 60watt light bulb inside.

Updated!