Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Brick Oven Photos (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/)
-   -   My first brick oven (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/my-first-brick-oven-15321.html)

DocHol 02-03-2011 07:04 AM

My first brick oven

2 Attachment(s)
Hi

I have now admired many of the oven's shown on this site and now I think it is time to show a couple of pictures from my project.
I must say that it has been a challenge to build it so far, but a good and exiting challenge.
The picture does not show it, but I have now finished the dome and the first pizza's have been made. It took 5 minutes pr. pcs, but so far there is no insulation on the oven so it is tough to keep the temperature high enough.

Now im just waiting for the spring time so that I can finish the oven and start to experiment with all the good recepies you can find on this site :)

I will be back with some more pictures when the frost is gone here in Denmark.

Lburou 02-04-2011 12:59 PM

Re: My first brick oven

Congratulations on building your oven! Do you plan to enclose it, or leave it a dome shape? More pictures are good :)

brickie in oz 02-04-2011 01:09 PM

No underfloor insulation? :confused:

Lburou 02-04-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brickie in oz (Post 107364)
No underfloor insulation? :confused:

A moot point now :)

brickie in oz 02-04-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lburou (Post 107365)
A moot point now :)

Not really as all the heat will just leak out into the slab and the oven will never get hot.

Better to fix it before the oven is advanced further Id think? :o

Lburou 02-04-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brickie in oz (Post 107367)
Not really as all the heat will just leak out into the slab and the oven will never get hot.

Better to fix it before the oven is advanced further Id think? :o

Its moot because he says he has finished the oven dome......Unless he disassembles it :)

brickie in oz 02-04-2011 02:05 PM

Haha didnt see that bit, I just looked at the pretty pictures...:rolleyes:

Neil2 02-04-2011 03:27 PM

Take it apart and re-build with some under floor insulation.

Lburou 02-04-2011 03:58 PM

He is no worse off than the hundreds and hundreds of members here who put insulation on the bottom of their hearths....It just takes more fire :)

This is his first post, lets be as kind as we can be about all this.

DocHol 02-06-2011 11:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Your are right, there is no insulation under the oven. I put a lot of thought in if I should do it or not. At the end I decided not to and see what happens. If it is a problem I will insulate under the concreete. But as one pointed out it is my first oven and there will of cause be some lessons learned.
The dome will of cause be insulated with 15" of vermiculite-concrete, just waiting for better weather.
I have attached a picture of the "finished dome" and the first little fire inside:)