Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: My 3-Legged Dome

Hi mn8tr,

Thanks!
I used Quikrete 5000 bagged concrete mix for the counter. I have yet to polish the surface down and apply finish to it. The counter there has been so functional and convenient that I've been taking time to finish it. Just enjoying the oven....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO
Old 12-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Banned

I have seen the snaps of three legged dome which is shared in post and i really admired its beauty and perfection.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: My 3-Legged Dome

A very clean design....Demonstrates uncommon skill with ideas and space. Good job! I wish I was as far along.

Last edited by Lburou; 01-11-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Serf

George,

I'm prepping for a corner install of a 36" Pompeii now...hope to begin construction Feb 1. I'm limited on space..59" total from corner to end before I hit a door. I think I'll be able to make this work...proposed dimensions are (36" + 9" bricks + 6" insulation= 52" + 4" for enclosure).

My biggest concern is heat. the walls of the corner are frame/stucco. With your build, what type of heat are you getting off the exterior dome?

S
Old 01-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottschmidt View Post
My biggest concern is heat. the walls of the corner are frame/stucco. With your build, what type of heat are you getting off the exterior dome?
Excluding the front vent area the rest of my dome exterior never exceeds 10 F above ambient air temperature at its warmest spot. The front vent area above the entry just gets warm to the touch, never hot.
You should have no problem with your build as long as you leave enough air space between the dome wall and the house wall, ideally 6" (I read that somewhere). I only have an inch gap at two closest areas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Peasant

what did you use to attach the vintage bricks to the edge of yout table? I love that look and have collected a nnumber of bricks I would like to use.
Steve

Old 01-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen*z View Post
what did you use to attach the vintage bricks to the edge of yout table? I love that look and have collected a nnumber of bricks I would like to use.
Steve
Hi, I used home brew mortar to adhere them as I had an extra pail full of the mix. Regular bagged mortar would have been fine too.
Those are not large pieces of bricks, they're 3/4" thick brick ends cut from full bricks. I also scored the inside faces of each brick veneer and the entire surface of the countertop edge so the mortar would grab.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Peasant

Exclamation Re: My 3-Legged Dome

Hi
This is the third time I have went through your build! This is what I had in mind before I saw it. I cant tell you how impressed with it. I may have missed it but what are the dimensions of the base. I want to build a 36" want to make sure I have enough space for insulation and not hang over. I was hoping to get it in a 48" circle. Any help would be appreciated.
Hank
Old 08-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank10746 View Post
Hi
I may have missed it but what are the dimensions of the base. I want to build a 36" want to make sure I have enough space for insulation and not hang over. I was hoping to get it in a 48" circle.
Thanks!
My base slab was exactly 48" in diameter. With the decorative brick trim around the base and the finish stucco the overall exterior diameter came out to roughly 50".
You'll probably have to go 52" base slab to fit a 36" oven.