Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 06:20 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Michigan WFO

your yard looks awesome Mike... i'm having problems getting my oven finished, it's stuccoed and functional and i just can't seem to find the time to get my stonework done. hopefully before snow flies...
Old 09-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Laborer

Location: Willamette [will-lam-it] Valley, Oregon [ore-y-gun]

Very nice landscaping job. I bet the neighbors with swimming pools are jealous of you now. Great photos as well.

Last edited by gmchm; 09-26-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Your yard and landscaping look great Mike. It looks so much different than when you just completed it. I like that big rock on the left side of the oven. Is that a peach tree to the right?

I really like the lighting around your patio too. Looks like a great place to enjoy a pizza and a glass of wine, just like your pic.

And those pizza's! The crust looks nicely risen and colored. I saw your pics of the rolled flank steak too. Wasn't fun to fun to grill in the wfo?

Well done!
-Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Apprentice

Hey there Mike! That looks super fantastic!

It's great to see your project progress as it has. We've just received our first cool front in FL. today; headed out to my wood guy to stock up as we speak.

Great job on everything!

Check out my build
Old 10-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Master Builder

Thanks for the compliments! Dino, yep, we put a peach tree on either side of the oven. We were inspired by your lemon tree photos. This is as close as we get in Michigan!

Old 10-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Serf

Incredible work of art!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Master Builder

Really Beautiful ! Well Done ! I really enjoyed your pix and i am sure i will refer to them often. Ordered brick today from Larkin refractory in Georgia. Should be cutting brick in no time.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Master Builder

Thanks for the comments. Best of luck to you, texman. I look forward to your build!

Old 09-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Peasant

Beautiful work and thank you for being so diligent with your posts!
Because of our climate, did you pour footings below the frontline or did you just do the slab on grade? How is the slab handling our freeze thaw cycles?
Old 09-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Master Builder

I dug below the frost line (48 inches) for a foundation below the slab. I think their are photos early in the thread. Zero problems with frost heave so far.