Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Brick Oven Photos (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/)
-   -   Michigan Patio Kitchen (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/michigan-patio-kitchen-18384.html)

Fish Whisperer 09-18-2012 02:28 PM

Michigan Patio Kitchen

3 Attachment(s)
Ok I moved over here because it looks like the right place to post pics of our progress. I'm not sure exactly how to post these so please be patient with me:) This is the plan, the site, and the complete slab. P70 will be in the corner on the left. More to come !!

deejayoh 09-18-2012 02:39 PM

Re: Michigan Patio Kitchen

1 Attachment(s)
Nice rendering. I have a similar "L" shaped layout for my outdoor kitchen. I started with a plan to do a corner oven, same as you. At the end of the day, I decided to go with the oven on the short leg of the "L" and am happy I made that choice. I think the countertops lay out a bit better for prep. In the rendering, your oven looks awfully close to the BBQ. Might be easier with small oven such as the P70, but I figured I'd share my experience.

Attachment 31726

Fish Whisperer 09-19-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deejayoh (Post 138746)
Nice rendering. I have a similar "L" shaped layout for my outdoor kitchen. I started with a plan to do a corner oven, same as you. At the end of the day, I decided to go with the oven on the short leg of the "L" and am happy I made that choice. I think the countertops lay out a bit better for prep. In the rendering, your oven looks awfully close to the BBQ. Might be easier with small oven such as the P70, but I figured I'd share my experience.

Attachment 31726

Thanks for the tip. I have adjusted the plan a bit and the range will be a bit farther to the right. Will have to play with oven placement a bit, which I understand is possible with a primavera and some elbow grease.

texman 09-19-2012 11:28 AM

Nice looking plan you have there. I am "trying to finish" a corner build. The P70 looks to be 42" deep. In a corner placement you will need extra room at the rear and sides of your placement. Are you going with/or without the stand? What are your concrete dimensions? Just trying to figure out how it will fit there.
Tracy

Fish Whisperer 09-20-2012 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by texman (Post 138813)
Nice looking plan you have there. I am "trying to finish" a corner build. The P70 looks to be 42" deep. In a corner placement you will need extra room at the rear and sides of your placement. Are you going with/or without the stand? What are your concrete dimensions? Just trying to figure out how it will fit there.
Tracy

Here is a pic with a 42" paper template on the slab. Masonry will extend approx 1.5" outside the slab and the counter-top another 1.5" The counter-top will come to a 45 in the L corner in front of the oven opening extending out approx 10" I'm going to move the oven back on the counter-top as far as possible - probably leaving an inch or so clearance in the rear. There will be a steel frame in the corner (not the FB stand) with concrete on steel under the granite in that area to support the oven. I know it's a small area, but that's really all I have to work with. I've been through the design 1000 times and am still nervous about it LOL

texman 09-20-2012 12:05 PM

That looks great.:) Glad to see you have it figured out. I like your setup and that is plenty of room, i think. Close to the house for convenience, too. Are you going to extend utilities to the area? (natural gas for grill and electric for a fridge, maybe water for a sink) I am still trying to figure out my design, so i know what you mean about the 1000x.
I really like the looks of the P70 and you will have a very nice kitchen there. You have saved yourself a lot of money as well going with that oven and you can take it with you should you ever need to. If i knew then what i know now, i think i would seriously consider one of the pre-built ovens. Glad i built mine, but the thought of setting one on the counter and starting a fire is awesome, too.:cool:

lwood 09-20-2012 03:24 PM

The paper template is 42"? You know the dome/insulation is outboard of that, ie hanging over the edge? Entryway extends even farther than that. Maybe I don't understand what your going to do.

texman 09-20-2012 03:29 PM

The pre-built model (P70) he is using has the insulation/dome included in that 42" diameter. The oven is prebuilt and ready to go.
Texman

lwood 09-20-2012 05:30 PM

so it's not a 42" oven, more like 36" in our nomenclature.

Fish Whisperer 09-20-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwood (Post 138886)
so it's not a 42" oven, more like 36" in our nomenclature.

It's 28" inside and 42 OD.