Old 10-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Peasant

Default Re: Michigan Patio Kitchen

Here is the almost finished structure with stand in the corner for the P70. Due to space limitations I had to have a stand fabricated as the FB stand had to large a footprint. Granite will go around the oven with a mosaic trim.
Attached Thumbnails
Michigan Patio Kitchen-image.jpg  
Old 10-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looking good. How are you going to get the oven onto the stand?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Journeyman

Fish, is it possible to move your grill to the far end of the countertop? When placing your oven, make sure you have a wide sweep in front of the oven, to account for pizza peels, oven untensiles, etc. You dont want to be banging into the lid of your grill with your peels or brushes, etc.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeppiper View Post
Fish, is it possible to move your grill to the far end of the countertop? When placing your oven, make sure you have a wide sweep in front of the oven, to account for pizza peels, oven untensiles, etc. You dont want to be banging into the lid of your grill with your peels or brushes, etc.
Yeah... I might end up moving the grill to where the burner is and vice versa. Have to see how it works when I set the oven in there.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
Looking good. How are you going to get the oven onto the stand?
Well - I ordered the P70 without a stand, but it came with a stand anyhow. I think I may put the FB stand on the oven upside down and use a hi-lo to move it onto my counter top. I'll probably have to use some timber to even out the load but I suppose the stand will hold the weight of the oven either way. The other option is a case of beer and snacks for a bunch of my strong neighbors.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Peasant

OK almost done !!! I ended up putting the FB stand on the P70 upside down. Had to cut about 1.5 " off each upright and about 8" out of the middle of the first cross-member to clear the chimney. Hated to hack up that pretty stand but It fit perfectly !! Put straps around the stand, Hooked that up to Ray's Bobcat, lifted it onto the stand fabricated for this install, and mortared around the bottom. I'm going to put stainless mosaic around the black ring at the bottom and will probably end up painting the dome to better match the masonry.
Attached Thumbnails
Michigan Patio Kitchen-mod-fb-stand.jpg   Michigan Patio Kitchen-oven-move-1.jpg   Michigan Patio Kitchen-oven-move-3.jpg   Michigan Patio Kitchen-p70-counter-2.jpg   Michigan Patio Kitchen-fire.jpg  

Last edited by Fish Whisperer; 11-09-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Peasant

All cured now and making pizza !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Michigan Patio Kitchen-p70-fire-up.jpg   Michigan Patio Kitchen-first-pizza.jpg  
Old 11-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Congrats! Looks good and just in time for winter Are you going to attempt the turkey tomorrow?

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Peasant

Well here is the final photo. All finished, cured, and working well ! Added a fire table to the plan as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Michigan Patio Kitchen-p-kit.jpg  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

You do nice work. Love the fire table! Did you build that or is it something off the shelf?