Apprentice

Default Re: Mannextdoor WFO

Will be digging soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Mannextdoor WFO-wfo-003.jpg   Mannextdoor WFO-mar-29-08-2-.jpg  
Old 04-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Apprentice

Nothing new to report. I can't seem to get a break in the rain so I can dig. I guess the main reason for this post, is that I am tiered of being a Peasant. Change is good.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Labor does a man good. Even the man next door.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Apprentice

Patience is our middle name here at the Forno Bravo Forum. I could bet you that every person on the forum took 4 times longer to get their oven finished than they figured. Just enjoy the journey, we will be here along the way.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:05 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey yes, we have a lot of very patient people here! They go on about why they can't build and how patient they're being at great length...

Join the club, have a good rant. It'll make you feel better and cheer up everybody who's sitting in the same boat.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:08 AM
Apprentice

I am usually pretty patience about most things. I started a project for when I retire about 4 years ago and will be happy if it is done within the next ten years. But I am pretty excited about this project and I would at least like to get the footings and slab down. Then I will feel like I building something.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I'm the same. I need to put my foot in the water before I can start moving on a project. I can sit and think about it forever, but once I start, get out of my way!

Once you get to the point of putting down the bricks on the floor of the oven, you won't even consider doing any other unnecessary work elsewhere around the house/yard. You will be consumed by the WFO builder demon. This is not a 10 year project. This is a 4 month project, allowing time for reflection and dreams of cutting bricks.

Gomannextdoorgo!

-
Old 05-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Apprentice

Today’s dig. I am moving along at a snails pace. We finally got a break in the rain. Today we had 50*F along with 23mph winds gusting to 36mph. Not a perfect day to be outside, but it has been the first opportunity I have had in a month to dig. More rain in the forecast. Thought I better get busy. The JD 3320 did a pretty good job digging, considering how many root that where in there. The round concrete cylinder is a well. The back of the WFO will be about 2’ from the well. There will be a wings coming off of the oven on each side for a kitchen layout. There will be a patio where the dirt is. Feels good to be moving forward.
Attached Thumbnails
Mannextdoor WFO-hawaii-096.jpg   Mannextdoor WFO-wfo-011.jpg   Mannextdoor WFO-wfo-013.jpg   Mannextdoor WFO-wfo-014.jpg   Mannextdoor WFO-wfo-019.jpg  

Old 06-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Apprentice

Smile Re: Mannextdoor WFO

Well I am up a running again. This Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was our second time this year we had three days in a row without rain. May 29th we had three days, which aloud my dirt to dry out. I was able to haul two truckloads out and make some room to work. It rained 1.6 that night. Annual rainfall is 35.5 inches per year. We have had over 28 inches so far this year. The last few days I did manage to get the foundation in. I poured the concrete today. Calling for rain tonight and tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Mannextdoor WFO-wfo-002.jpg   Mannextdoor WFO-wfo-006.jpg   Mannextdoor WFO-wfo-009.jpg  
Old 06-13-2008, 05:55 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice foundation! I like the way the shape fits into the landscape there.

Actually I've been wondering where you'd got to... oh well, only 7.5 inches to go and you'll be finished with rain for this year...