Old 10-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Mannextdoor WFO

yes, you can do more than one a day. Just don't move any of the bricks in the previous rows while you're working!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Apprentice

I managed to get a row done today after I unloaded the barge. Tomorrow I intend to hit it hard. I had to stop early today. We had a house full in for a fish fry.
Attached Thumbnails
Mannextdoor WFO-wfo-3-.jpg   Mannextdoor WFO-wfo-6-.jpg  
Old 10-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Apprentice

Sunrise to Sunset. I got three rows done today. I can hardly move. This is more labor intensive then I thought it would be. But I am enjoying it.
Attached Thumbnails
Mannextdoor WFO-wfo-001.jpg   Mannextdoor WFO-wfo-004.jpg  
Old 10-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Master Builder

Really looks great! I agree, it's no walk in the park. I thought the foundation work was going to be the hard part. I think the biggest pain is getting up and down the oven stand, bending over, working upside down, your knees ramming against the bricks.

Great start!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannextdoor View Post
I can hardly move. This is more labor intensive then I thought it would be.
It's looking good! It is pretty funny, I think everybody that has built one of these has discovered muscles that we never knew we had. Gotta admit - it's a good pain.

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:34 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
It's looking good! It is pretty funny, I think everybody that has built one of these has discovered muscles that we never knew we had. Gotta admit - it's a good pain.

Les...
Actually, it can also be a bad pain if you aren't careful. I aggravated an already unhappy back muscle by doing too much work too bent over for about 3 days straight- and ended up spending a couple of months not able to do much of anything. Take time to stretch, be sure to support your back muscles with your stomach muscles when you're bent over, and realize that if you get in too much of a hurry to finish and mess up your back, it just takes longer. If I had that part to do over, I'd have made a platform around the dome big enough to kneel on- I could have done several courses that way instead of bent over.

The really dumb thing was I knew I'd hurt it and kept working anyway. WFO obsession can equal stupid.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Apprentice

Another 8hrs today. All the bricks that I layed today I had to cut. It went a little slower. I did a good clean up today and put a tarp over it. Suppose to rain tonight and tomorrow. I laid down another course and a half today. I went to 1/3 bricks on the last 1/2 row. Got past the arch today. That took some time. Very labor intensive.
Attached Thumbnails
Mannextdoor WFO-wfo-001.jpg   Mannextdoor WFO-wfo-002.jpg  
Old 10-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

looking really good. Nice flower too!

Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Master Builder

Man are you flying! Keep up the great work!

Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Its looking good! I notice you managed to keep the oven very round over the arch... nice.

And fast! You'll be finished in no time.