Old 06-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Laruvious

Great looking build! No prior experience!?! Amazing work! I really like the molded guy. I have a Bacchus face that I bought in Vernazza (Cinque Terra) that I hang on mine for festive events... Great work!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

That is one cool guardian! Nice build.

Beehiver
Old 06-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Laruvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaris View Post
Well, I started my oven about 3 months ago.. I did not start a thread due to the fact that I really did not have much to offer. Everything I did was something I read in someone elses posts in this forum. The oven is almost done with and I just wanted to post some pics of the progress.. not that What I did is any different but I got my ideas from everyone elses perspectives in their pictures. So maybe someone else might see something in a different perspective from my pics...
ALL critisism is welcome.. especially negative... for I am still learning!

Steve
Steve, your build looks great! Don't worry, we are ALL copy cats on this one

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Last edited by Lburou; 06-08-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm View Post
Hey slaris can you tell me what kind of digital display you used to measure temp.

Thanks

Dave.
Hi there Dave,
It is the Omega DP1001AM
1/4 DIN 10-Channel Automatic Temperature Scanner
Great little scanner. A bit of Advice (Common sense which I lacked) when you run your thermocouplers. KEEP them protected. I did not and my hearth one got a short by the time I finished. Another bit of advice get the ones that have teh metal sheeathing not the cloth. I think that the metal would of held up better.

Steve
Old 06-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeRemoray View Post
Great looking build! No prior experience!?! Amazing work! I really like the molded guy. I have a Bacchus face that I bought in Vernazza (Cinque Terra) that I hang on mine for festive events... Great work!
No experience with concrete or brick work. I must say that we have done all sorts of projects with wood around the house and have basically all tools we need. I have 3 sons (The Cheap Labor). And Every Year we (Actually I ) choose a "construction" project. 4 years ago we built a Pergola
TRELLIS PROJECT - slaris' Photos | SmugMug
Shed Construction - slaris' Photos | SmugMug
3 years ago a CNC router, 2 years ago a shed.
The kids are no longer kids and it is getting harder to convince them Projects are FUN. along with the fact that they either work full or time away at school. Realizing Labor will no longer be Cheap. "We" decided to build out of Concrete which will be harder to take down.
Seems like I will be trading my tools for some pizza and wine.. as my weekend warrior days are coming to an end
Old 06-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Laborer

Ok great thanks slaris.

Picasa photo library:

Old 06-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Seems like I will be trading my tools for some pizza and wine.. as my weekend warrior days are coming to an end
I'm right there with you. But what a spectacular way to go: Not many people get to point to a real Pompeii inspired wood burning oven...hand built, hand crafted since there's no other way, as one of their crowning construction projects.

Every day for 3 years now I can't go into my back yard without eyeing my beautiful wfo (her name is Petra-Forno) and you'll be doing the same.

DRAKE: I've always liked your Bacchus face on your oven. What a great souvenir to bring back from the Cinque Terre.

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Dino!

Slaris,
That pergola/trellis is amazing! I am afraid to show my wife!

Old 06-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeRemoray View Post
Thanks Dino!

Slaris,
That pergola/trellis is amazing! I am afraid to show my wife!
Thank you..

Sorry for the delayed reply.. I was away in Houston for business.

We (Sons and I) ordered the plans for that one.. Good bonding project . It was a good project and came out great. During the summer it is the most used space in the house... when the oven\BBQ are finishes we will probably live out of the back yard

here is the build link to the trellis build

Last edited by slaris; 06-21-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Add link
Old 06-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Serf

Quote:
Thank you..

Sorry for the delayed reply.. I was away in Houston for business.

We (Sons and I) ordered the plans for that one.. Good bonding project . It was a good project and came out great. During the summer it is the most used space in the house... when the oven\BBQ are finishes we will probably live out of the back yard

here is the build link to the trellis build
here is the link to the plans
Double Post Pergola Designs