Old 06-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Serf

Default Re: Laruvious

5:1 vermiculite/concrete as base

Boards from FB on top of Vermiculite/concrete base

Old 06-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Serf

Here is where I pause to apologize there are missing pictures in the sequence.. I am still looking for the mem. stick!

Old 06-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Serf

Once the dome was completed I did a 1/2 coat of heatstop and then put on a 2 -4 inch coat of 20:1 vermiculite/concrete. and filled the void of the housing with just vermiculite.
The Chimney is a double wall insulated Duravent from FB.

This is basically where I am at, at the moment.

I will try and find the missing pics.. We have never done any concrete, Brick laying before.. but with the wealth of information in this forum and a little desire we managed to make it happen! I will continue to post pictures till we finish the whole project... the cheap labor has set a deadline, for they want to have a 21st B'd party in July... hopefully we'll be done.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
Looks good so far...but you need an adult sized shovel. ;-)
The Cheap labor did not complain.. so I did not mind... I just did an honorary ground breaking pose
Old 06-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice build. I'm curious about the term "LARUVIUS" I googled it but it takes me to your posts. Whatever / whoever it is, very clever use for the keystone!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Very nice build. I like the corner oven construction and it looks like you even stuccoed your wood storage! Very nice. (but you did have "Inspector" watching ).

I thinks it's so great that people with little experience can now go thru the FB forum and find all the info they need to get their oven done like you did. Congratulations. I like your keystone too.

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 04:19 AM
Master Builder

Yup...super, super job. I could not see anything wrong or questionable. For the first time with a trowel it looks great!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:53 AM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Nice build. I'm curious about the term "LARUVIUS" I googled it but it takes me to your posts. Whatever / whoever it is, very clever use for the keystone!
The Term Laruvius: it is a word play on Mount Vesuvius (The Italian Volcano) and our last name. There is a brick oven Pizzaria in NYC (Naples 45) and they have 3 brick ovens. They have each oven named after Volcanos in Italy. (Visuvius, Etna, and Stromboli ). Which I found pretty interesting

As far as the keystone, I bought a concrete mold on ebay and poured it.
Did a search for "Concrete Mold Greek Roman" and he came up...
Also Bought and poured a Female mold which is placed in the Roast pit.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_Pizza View Post
Very nice build. I like the corner oven construction and it looks like you even stuccoed your wood storage! Very nice. (but you did have "Inspector" watching ).

I thinks it's so great that people with little experience can now go thru the FB forum and find all the info they need to get their oven done like you did. Congratulations. I like your keystone too.
Hey there Dino, Thank you very much for your post! it means alot coming from you being your thread is one of the main ones I got my inspiration and ideas from!

Steve
Old 06-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Laborer

Hey slaris can you tell me what kind of digital display you used to measure temp.

Thanks

Dave.

Picasa photo library: