Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Brick Oven Photos (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/)
-   -   Indoor 32" Build (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/indoor-32-build-18888.html)

MaineLotus 01-29-2013 07:19 AM

Indoor 32" Build

5 Attachment(s)
The start of my build, an indoor 32" oven. I'm limited by space constraints, so clearances dictate the size of the oven. It'll connect to a 6" insulated chimney, 15' high. The oven will be fully enclosed with a mosaic tile front and cast iron windowed door from a wood stove.

MaineLotus 01-29-2013 07:20 AM

Re: Indoor 32" Build

1 Attachment(s)
Ready for the rebar, forms and concrete.

MaineLotus 01-29-2013 07:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Cast iron door, 20"x12".

Outeniqua 01-29-2013 09:35 PM

Good luck with your build. You will find that you will be cramped for space once you start laying the bricks of your dome. I had exactly the same problem and was also closed in by three walls.

How are you going to insulate your oven? That is certainly the most important feature of a successful oven. All the best - I will follow your build with interest.

deejayoh 01-29-2013 09:52 PM

looks cool. As Outeniqua points out, room to work could be an issue. I might have waited to put one of the walls up until after the dome was finished.

MaineLotus 01-30-2013 05:32 AM

Working space will be tight. Had a choice if either working in the garage in 20 degree temps or framing in the oven area and working in 68 degree tight quarters.

Plan to use 3-4" of ceramic blanket for insulation. Will likely add a powered wall vent to exhaust some of the heat from the enclosure.

UtahBeehiver 01-30-2013 01:38 PM

ML,

This will be an interesting build to watch. You will be a yoga master by time you are done. I would steal some of the better half's mirrors to help inspect your work. Good luck and send pics.

MaineLotus 02-04-2013 04:31 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver (Post 144761)
ML,

This will be and interest build to watch. You will be a yoga master by time you are done. I would steal some of the better half's mirrors to help inspect your work. Good luck and send pics.

Yes it will be tight working, but at least I'll be warm.:)

A few progress pictures from this weekend. Poured the top and some drywall and electrical work. Hoping to pickup the insulation board and blanket sometime this week so I can start laying brick this weekend.

MaineLotus 05-24-2013 12:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Starting to lay brick. Decided to use a product called FoamGlas for the floor insulation. Using 3" board to compensate for slightly lower efficiency compared to ceramic board.

Laying bring is a lot of fun, the tight working quarters is a bit challenging but workable. My back is a sore and I'll either need more beer or a massage.

mrchipster 05-24-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaineLotus (Post 153588)
Starting to lay brick. Decided to use a product called FoamGlas for the floor insulation. Using 3" board to compensate for slightly lower efficiency compared to ceramic board.

Laying bring is a lot of fun, the tight working quarters is a bit challenging but workable. My back is a sore and I'll either need more beer or a massage.

Wow I thought I had a tight space to work in with only 2 sides restricted.

You will need to maintain high flexibility as you go higher. The IT will come in handy on this one.

Will be following your build closely.

Chip