Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Huge Thanks!

Yes, unglazed it would be very difficult project. Up in the cold, you may want to consider a cover for the uninhabitable months, A tarp or something.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Apprentice

What a beautiful layout and finish on the outdoor kitchen! You certainly built one striking entertainment/cooking area. My only question is "With such a fabulous setup, how could you possibly get those pictures without a hoard of party people in front of the oven?"

Great job. Looking forward to reading about your exploration of "good eats from a stunning, hand-crafted, brick oven".
Xene likes this.
)

Photo albums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:33 AM
Laborer

Damn, I'd be happy just to get some sort of brick and stone on my exterior.

That looks ahhhhhhhhhh-Sum. A job well done. I love it when hard work pays off like that.

David
Xene likes this.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Apprentice

Just in case anyone is curious about the back side of the oven, since I didn't include a picture, I do have this one (sorry the quality could be better) but it does show that I didn't tile the entire dome. I didn't have enough for one thing and the process of attaching each one would have taken me a few days to accomplish. I'm completely satisfied with just the front. I simply stepped back as I worked until I couldn't see any empty areas from the front view to get the look I was after. This back shot shows the seating I have opposite the chef (me!) and how it looks from yet another angle.

I threw in the shot of laying the street brick around the slab too, just for reference in case anyone is interested.

Anyway, I thought these pictures might help anyone looking to recreate this effect should they stumble upon it in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Thanks!-photo-4-.jpg   Huge Thanks!-dsc_7643.jpg  
Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Master Builder

Awesome work, ill say it again... What did you use for the chimney liner? I plan on just using bricks and skip the flue liner
Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-wiz View Post
Awesome work, ill say it again... What did you use for the chimney liner? I plan on just using bricks and skip the flue liner
Thanks V-wiz! I used an old chimney liner. We had the roof redone this summer and we removed the chimney to our fireplace, I had the guys save the flue for me and I re-purposed it for the oven - I have 2 more sections like this one left - 2 more ovens? I think not.

I will be completely honest and say I have no idea what method is best. I was so happy when the chimney was done (worst part of the build for me!)
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Thanks!-archface.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Master Builder

Nice, thanks for the info. Its good to re-use things.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-wiz View Post
Nice, thanks for the info. Its good to re-use things.
Indeed - and to think that 'free' flue only cost me the price of a new roof!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Either way will work fine, but the chance of cracking is much higher with the un-lined chimney on an oven. For example, on my oven, it is lined, but on the BBQ (less use, less heat), it is not.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Master Builder

got it, if i can find a clay liner for cheap ill jump on it if not im just going to use my red bricks at the mid/top section of the chimney. They originally came off a chimney from 1930, hmmmm.