Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: The build has begun!

I did develop small cracks on the outside of the dome but after reading some other posts its nothing to worry about.

I finished framing up the oven and then it was time for the first pizzas. We made four (one at a time) and they came out quick and very good!
Attached Thumbnails
The build has begun!-img_0206.jpg   The build has begun!-img_0208.jpg   The build has begun!-img_0212.jpg   The build has begun!-img_0220.jpg   The build has begun!-img_0224.jpg  

Old 05-21-2011, 12:28 AM
Journeyman

That does not look Like a small fire in the pictures. Is that after you finished the curing process? Looks good though keep it up. I am looking forward to seeing how you are going to finish the outside.

Mike
Old 05-21-2011, 12:37 AM
Apprentice

Mike D,

Yes this was certainly not the first fire. I had already spent a week on the curing process.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Laborer

It looks really good. I don't see any smoke on your outer arch. I can't wait to see how you finish it.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:26 AM
Apprentice

I downloaded the plans for a 42" oven off the Forno Bravo web site

Where did you find the download? I can not find it on the home page.
Your oven is very nice. You set the bar very high.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: The build has begun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullback66 View Post
I downloaded the plans for a 42" oven off the Forno Bravo web site

Where did you find the download? I can not find it on the home page.
Your oven is very nice. You set the bar very high.
You will find a link in this thread. (A newbies survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives)

Brian, I'm jealous at the cleanness still on the outside of your entry arch! We have had big winds here this week and I've had to block the entry with plywood to keep the smoke from coming down, yes down, the chimney and then out the front -another length of flu should fix that. After the fire and oven are hot, we're OK, but your clean arch looks great! :double cool:

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Last edited by Lburou; 06-12-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lburou View Post
You will find a link in this thread. (A newbies survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives)

Brian, I'm jealous at the cleanness still on the outside of your entry arch! We have had big winds here this week and I've had to block the entry with plywood to keep the smoke from coming down, yes down, the chimney and then out the front -another length of flu should fix that. After the fire and oven are hot, we're OK, but your clean arch looks great! :double cool:
Thank you very much. What a great site.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Apprentice

brianventura,

I was admiring your clean and well-ordered metal stud framing job. I hope mine looks as good when I finish. I did have one comment though. You migh consider adding a collar tie or two, or run some studs from the top of the wall on the left side to the top of the wall on the right side where space permits. As your roof stands now, there is nothing to prevent the side walls from bending outward from weight on the roof. In other words, you haven't completed the triangle (the bottom chord) which allows the roof to bear a load.

Just a thought that might prevent a problem in the future

gene
Old 06-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Apprentice

Fullback66,
Thanks for the comment. I have been away from communication for a while and I'm glad that you received some good information to get started.

Lburou,
Thank you very much for posting the information in a timely manner for fullback66.
I had strong winds during the curing process but luckily I'm am protected by a very large oak tree and hedge. I had a small amount of smoke exit the front but most of it went through the vent.

Gene,
Thanks, this is my first project using metal studs. The walls should be ok as I won't have much of a load on the roof. I also will have a countertop up against each side to add strength for the wall. I had plans on putting collar ties on the rafters but I had to keep the roof height to 6' which didn't allow for room.
Attached Thumbnails
The build has begun!-img_0228.jpg  
Old 06-17-2011, 07:57 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianventura View Post
I made a form to help finish the rest of the way to the top. I should be finished with the dome real soon.
I love this form, btw. I only used a straight length of wood to set the angle so far and I'm at that stage now where I need the support and I think this approach should work very well.