Old 11-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: Breven's Outdoor Kitchen Progress

That's a good idea Frances. I've also thought about trying to prepare the pizza dough, I mean have it all stretched out and ready for toppings, ahead of time. Then everyone can put the toppings on that they like and cook it themselves. That'd be fun.

See ALL of my pictures here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:37 AM
Apprentice

Hi Breven,

I just went through your photo album and very nice job bro! As much time as I have spent in this forum I have to admit it's been a little self serving. Now that my oven is near completion I'm going back and looking at everyones build in more detail. I love the outdoor kitchen; great job. If it gets too hot in the kitchen you can always jump in the pool right?

Good luck with your finale party!

Check out my build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:30 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Breven,

You've done such a fine job with your build that I definitely do not want to step on this thread. I'm working on a project that includes historical pictures of old European bake ovens, from whatever period. I'd like to ask Forum members that might have some to share a few. Just contact me by email. Thanks in advance.

Jim
Old 12-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Journeyman

Thanks Bill...and it's funny you mention it, one time this summer, I really thought I was about to overheat...jumped right in the pool- clothes, shoes, everything.
I've been trying to grout my tile for the last couple of weeks- the afternoons are too short and my weekends have been eaten up with business travel. I finally have a free weekend coming up, hope to knock out the grout and make some more progress witht he brick. I'd love a long hot summer day right about now.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Apprentice

Looks great!

Can you tell me the inside diameter of your oven, the number of inches and blankets you used and the hearth width? I'm about to weld up a stand and want to make sure I have enough room.

Great work. Thanks
Bill
Old 12-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Apprentice

great job!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a question , where did you purchase the bags of vermiculite or pertilite I've been trying here in the Chicagoland area with no luck I found vemiculite cement mix at a pool supply co. but unable to find the loose form,
Old 12-11-2008, 07:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Vermiculite cement mix should work. Just find out what the proportions are. If it's 5 to 1 or greater, you're ok.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Apprentice

Smile Re: Breven's Outdoor Kitchen Progress

well thats fine but I am looking for loose not a cement mix ,Its for loose fill insulation
Old 12-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Apprentice

Awesome. Very inspiring. I really like the shape of the oven house and roof... I was thinking of something along the same lines, with the rounded roof end. I can't wait to see how it comes out.

What are you planning to surface the roof with?
Old 12-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Journeyman

Sorry everyone, I took a few days before I had a chance to read this thread!

Bill- This is a 36" oven inside, add 1/2 a brick (I think that's 3.5 or 4 inches?), wrapped a 1 inch thick blanket twice. I guess the total is about 42" for the dome alone. You need to leave plenty of room for the walls, if you plan an enclosure. Go too big rather than too small.

Mavano- I got mine from Home Depot out in the garden dept. The place that sells to HD around here is called Thero Rock out of Chandler A.Z. I beleive. You might want to check with them if you can't find those bags at your local Home Depot. They run about $20 a bag.

Cynon- Man, I have no fricken clue how that roof is going to end up. I'm planning a slate stone roof made from the exact same tiles as the tiles I have covering the counters. I'm going to cut the tiles vertically to make them 6x12". I plan to set the roof just like you would a wood shake roof. The tile will match the tile on the counters. Should look great, but the rounded back is going to be tough! I have no idea what I'm doing either...so, I'll wing it! When I get to that point I'll take a bunch of pics- in case you want to follow my lead. If it doesn't work, at least you'll know what not to do!