Old 08-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Serf

Default Re: Bellingham Bread Oven

Very nice. I like your counter tops, did you polish them or just trowel? Congrats.

Gareth
Old 08-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Very Excellent.

Is there still room in there for my brick? I never sent it!
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Master Builder

Chad, the finished product looks terrific. What did you do to finish the top, did you revise the hypertufa, or is that also intended to be copper? Do you have a door to try retained heat cooking yet? It's great to be done "for now" and just enjoy fire and food!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Serf

Wow I just joined this forum.

What an outstanding oven and brick wall!!!!

I am just north of the border, in Vancouver, BC... we are planning to build an oven in the near future as well with some friends of ours in Arlington, WA. We plan to do one of those, I help you build yours, you help me build mine sort of thing. I might have 4 different houses interested in this now! haha

Anyways, my wife and I travel to visit our friends in Arlington quite frequently and would love to come check out your excellent work on the way down one day.

Thanks for all the great pictures and updates. First rate job!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Apprentice

OK sorry I have not been around a lot lately.
First, thanks for all your compliments, it has been a grand project and I have had a blast with it. I know I have not asked a whole lot of questions about how to do things, but rest assured you all have been an endless source of inspiration and hope that I would someday finish this thing.
James, yes, I would still love a memorial brick from you. I'd be proud to have it in my wall.
Gareth, Yes, I polished them some. I have had other priorities to deal with, but I want to polish them some more as time allows.
Maver, for right now, it is just stuccoed. I would love to do the whole copper thing, but it was a matter of just getting it done so I could use it. I was getting impatient. ;-) I still have the itch to build another oven with a brick dome. I will get there someday.
Orangewhip, I would be happy to have you stop by and have a peek at the oven. We are firing it up Sunday if you want to stop by then. Or at your convenience of course.
Peace
Chad
Old 09-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Serf

I wish I'd seen this post a couple of years ago! What an awesome oven and wall!! I'm really envious!!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Serf

Dear Chad;

If you still check in here at all, would it be okay if I emailed you with a couple of questions?

thanks!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Apprentice

I as so friggin inspired right now. What a project! You are the man, Chad.

I'm new here and never really intended to build a pizza oven in my outdoor kitchen project but now I'm having a change of heart.

If nothing else I will plan for it as a future addition on top of the masonry island.

Aweome job, Chad.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer
Old 10-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Apprentice

Default my Oven

Wow, thanks for the compliments folks. It is fun to have I must say. Yes, if you have any questions, go ahead and email me. I havent been around much lately, school just started and my father died suddenly down in Arizona a couple of weeks ago... Just getting back at it all.
Peace
Chad
Old 10-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Sorry to hear that.

I hope all is well otherwise.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

My costs:

My pics: