Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Peasant

Default Re: 48" brick oven from Melbourne

Thank you for all your input for convincing me to pull everything down as i did today, and i am starting allover again this morning.
It was hart breaking to destroy all my hard work i have done.
I cleaned all the brick and will use it today, didn't cost me anything more, just a day full of work. hehehe
Just before going to bed i will like to share few pictures with you guys what i have done today to guide me and support me during my build.

Thank you once again.
Attached Thumbnails
48" brick oven from Melbourne-p1030582.jpg   48" brick oven from Melbourne-p1030584.jpg   48" brick oven from Melbourne-p1030585.jpg   48" brick oven from Melbourne-p1030588.jpg  
Gulf likes this.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Apprentice

Ahh Much better. Well done. Now you are on your way to a beautiful...and efficient! Wood Fired Oven. Sleep well.

Regards,
AT
Old 04-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Atta boy, now your talking. Be sure to ask away with any questions, they are much easier to fix than after the fact.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Peasant

Dario,

In the #4 photo of your rebuild, it may be an optical illusion to me, but are the solders leaning inward somewhat? If so, are you planning a headstart on the horizontal travel of the Dome? Looking Good!
Old 04-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Do you have permission from your local council to build so close to your boundary fence? Where I live we are required to build 1.5 m away from any boundary fence, otherwise a complaining neighbour could force you to dismantle all your hard work.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Exclamation Re: 48" brick oven from Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by david s View Post
Do you have permission from your local council to build so close to your boundary fence? Where I live we are required to build 1.5 m away from any boundary fence, otherwise a complaining neighbour could force you to dismantle all your hard work.
G'day Davids
The 1.5 rule is pretty much Australia wide.
Post 31 and pic no 1 what do you think the ruling is for a naked flame from a petrol tanker would be:
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 04-24-2014, 04:46 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
G'day Davids
The 1.5 rule is pretty much Australia wide.
Post 31 and pic no 1 what do you think the ruling is for a naked flame from a petrol tanker would be:
Regards dave
Good point, maybe they both could be in trouble.
With such a large oven Dario, perhaps you could drill a hole in the fence, rig up a line and "borrow" some of your neighbours fuel.

Last edited by david s; 04-24-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

well done Dario you wont regret it.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:42 AM
Peasant

Wink Re: 48" brick oven from Melbourne

Quote:
I talk to a council and they say to me to get statutory dec.signed by my me and my neighbour, to be safe for the future, lake you say you never know once they change they mind hehehe..
Quote:
In the #4 photo of your rebuild, it may be an optical illusion to me, but are the solders leaning inward somewhat? If so, are you planning a headstart on the horizontal travel of the Dome? Looking Good!
First Solders course leaning a little inward just to get next course a little easier on a angle.

Free fuel would be nice.
Cheers
Old 04-26-2014, 03:24 AM
Peasant

This is where i got up to in last few days, I've been working my ?ss of to get the dome done, and now i need to concentrate on front arch and chimney.
I've got few questions should i put 2 layer of ceramic blanket straight on the dome or i should add extra mass, like a layer 50mm of shiracast Cement to my dome first and then blanket and than another 50 or 100mm Shiracast cement and sand?
Can i leave my dome exposed to any rain now or should be covered?
Any advice how can i finish the front arch and chimney, would be appreciated? 48" brick oven from Melbourne-p1030595.jpg
48" brick oven from Melbourne-p1030596.jpg
The angle got so bad on the 5th course of the dome,it come to a point where i got worried that everything will collapse bit it didn't.
48" brick oven from Melbourne-p1030601.jpg
Then i pack some sand to get the dome closed.
48" brick oven from Melbourne-p1030607.jpg
48" brick oven from Melbourne-p1030609.jpg
48" brick oven from Melbourne-p1030615.jpg
Can i shave some bricks with angle grinder inside the dome there is some bricks which are sticking out a little to make a look nice or just ignore?
Cheers Dario