Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: 42" FB Pompeii Oven with 19" dome, and adjacent fireplace, in the O.C.

The decorative arches are in place (the keystone was ground, polished and sealed - not waxed yet) and FINALLY the time has come to apply our DIY "Limestone" veneer stone (S-Mortar and pigment). I made stone in each of the colors in our patio pavers. After laying them out in Situ, I Decided that so many colors would be too busy. Going to go with the grey / black veneer with an occasional dark brown accent.
42" FB Pompeii Oven with 19" dome, and adjacent fireplace, in the O.C.-2013-04-13-11.20.23.jpg
So when I started last May I hoped to be making Pizza by the end of July, Missed that deadline did have Pie before Summer was up. Next I hoped to have the whole project complete by Christmas. Missed that one too. If I could wrap this up by mid-May it will one year...... we shall see. It is good to have goals - But I am enjoying the journey regardless.

My road to pizza is documented here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:24 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: 42" FB Pompeii Oven with 19" dome, and adjacent fireplace, in the O.C.

Made some progress this weekend
42" FB Pompeii Oven with 19" dome, and adjacent fireplace, in the O.C.-2013-04-22-07.14.31.jpg

Old 04-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvm View Post
The decorative arches are in place (the keystone was ground, polished and sealed - not waxed yet) and FINALLY the time has come to apply our DIY "Limestone" veneer stone (S-Mortar and pigment). I made stone in each of the colors in our patio pavers. After laying them out in Situ, I Decided that so many colors would be too busy. Going to go with the grey / black veneer with an occasional dark brown accent.
Attachment 34909
So when I started last May I hoped to be making Pizza by the end of July, Missed that deadline did have Pie before Summer was up. Next I hoped to have the whole project complete by Christmas. Missed that one too. If I could wrap this up by mid-May it will one year...... we shall see. It is good to have goals - But I am enjoying the journey regardless.
I too have had many deadlines but I have decided my goal was to just hope to be done and enjoy the oven in the meantime.

Your project is looking real nice. The stone work is finishing up beautifully. The concrete countertop and bench looked like a lot of work, but it sure paid off. Great job!!!
Brian

Last edited by brianventura; 04-22-2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Apprentice

Thanks Brian
We certainly have been using the oven and had several large gatherings which have been a lot of fun - I am looking forward to cleaning up the tools for the LAST time.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Apprentice

Made some racks to hold pizza tools. Vera-thane is next.
42" FB Pompeii Oven with 19" dome, and adjacent fireplace, in the O.C.-2013-04-29-21.43.04.jpg

Old 04-30-2013, 06:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

DVM,

You are so far ahead of me and you started after me. Nice looking racks for the WFO tools of the trade.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 04-30-2013, 07:10 AM
Apprentice

Remember, there is no winter here.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Apprentice

Nearly Done, Only a few odds and ends remain. Having fun filling the calendar with upcoming pizza / pool events.
42" FB Pompeii Oven with 19" dome, and adjacent fireplace, in the O.C.-2013-05-11-16.11.51.jpg

Old 04-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Apprentice

My god, that is a work of art. You are one heck of a craftsman. I love the entry counter to the oven. I have worried about reaching into the oven itself. I like how you made it arch into your oven. Basically the counter. It looks great.

I often cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food...
WC Fields

Link to my build

Old 04-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Apprentice

Hi Darin
Thanks for the kind words. I think hobbyist describes me better than craftsman. We surely are enjoying our outdoor space. The winged landing does provide working space and easy access to the oven. We had 15 over for pizza last night and are about to bake some French bread.

Tags
19 dome, 42 pompeii, fireplace