Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: 42" build in Virginia

Some pics of my progress. Another snow storm, unheard for Virginia this time of year, slowed me up. It has been cold and windy and I had brick dust in the ear canal......ouch

I hope to have the dome done this weekend, if the kids will let me work thru their Easter egg hunt.

42" build in Virginia-dome-overshot-progress.jpg42" build in Virginia-back-pic-dome-progrss.jpg42" build in Virginia-side-dome-progress.jpg

I need to order my insulating blankets. ROCK AND ROLL
Old 03-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabby View Post

I hope to have the dome done this weekend, if the kids will let me work thru their Easter egg hunt.
I know that you are kidding............ but, don't even think about missing a precious moment with those children .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wink Re: 42" build in Virginia

Hide the eggs around the pizza oven?

Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 03-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Master Builder

Actually, I have seen snow late into April in Virginia. Hopefully this is the end of it. I'm done with winter and ready for spring.

Your oven is looking nice. Your at the point that a hand held mirror is handy for looking at your work inside the oven ...saves a lot of time walking around to get a good view point of your work.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Apprentice

I have to tell you guys, I have nine kids, so even though this pizza oven is going to be 42", that still is not enough room to hide eggs for all them there rug rats!

I am going to hit it hard tomorrow.
Kurtloup likes this.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

9......nine!!!!

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 03-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Apprentice

I hit it hard today, the knees are sore, the neck is cricked..........but I feel good that I was able to make some serious progress today. Finished some courses and the bricks over the opening.

some pictures

42" build in Virginia-course-8-pan-view.jpg42" build in Virginia-inside-dome-course-8.jpg42" build in Virginia-rear-dome-course-8.jpg
Old 03-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Apprentice

Here is a pic of the entrance. If you look closely, one can make out the pencil drawing and the angle iron of where I plan to make my arch.
42" build in Virginia-oven-opening-course-8.jpg
My question, how large of opening do I allow for the vent to draw, I have seen 6" x 10" but this seems too deep?

Some domes look to have a 3" or 4" depth. Any thoughts?

Thanks and Happy Easter everyone
Old 03-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looking good! Snow huh?...what part of VA?

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 03-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Apprentice

closing in on the dome. man, this is a lot harder than I thought. cracking bricks, keeping them from falling.............................I am on my fourth 50 lb back of refractory mortar. WTF?

42" build in Virginia-course-11-overview.jpg42" build in Virginia-course-11-rear.jpg42" build in Virginia-course-11-front-close-up.jpg

I am in Powhatan Virginia, just west of the Capital city of Richmond.
Stop in and take a look if you are in the area.

cheers.