Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: 42" build in Virginia

Hey Fabby

Your oven is looking good! You could qualify for being a 'selective retainer' for keeping that scroll for the purpose it was fated for. 25 years shows a quiet determination and certainty of purpose. It adds a certain je ne sais quoi and the whole job would have been the poorer without it.

It looks like you are good to go, smoke from the stack. It is a good feeling eh?

Cheers ..... Steve
Old 05-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabby View Post
I'M NOT A HOARDER! so just stop that crazy thinking right now.
You would get on just fine with my wife, she like to collect too.

We.....sorry , SHE has a house full of junk, not trash kind of junk, but still it fills every room....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
I do like the scroll , I find that you always find a use or home for something .....sometime. I have a "thingy" on my chimney as well .... Neighbor says the correct turn is " folly". I think the child bride put her up to it but canny disprove it yet.

Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 05-26-2013, 06:33 AM
Peasant

No apologies nescessary for the 25 years of stashing the scroll. Touches like that that add another level of character and individaulity. Nice.
John
Old 05-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Apprentice

That looks great Fabby. It's good to see somebody else using natural stone.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Apprentice

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Now that I am able to acutually cook some things, I feel like I just graduated high school and got laid at the prom...............(maybe I shouldn't make such a grandiose comparison...............I mean, the pizza oven is WAY BETTER!!!!!!!!!)

42" build in Virginia-grandpa-jacob-water-balloons.jpg;42" build in Virginia-were-talking-pan-pizza.jpg
Old 05-26-2013, 11:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

That pizza is just way too round, it looks weird.....

Old 05-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Master Builder

It really looks like grilled cheese cornbread. Keep on kooking.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:41 AM
Apprentice

Need some advise.

I have been firing now for two weeks and have had some really hot weather for several weeks. The dome has been bone dry for at least three weeks before getting wet. This past week though, we had rain like five days straight.

Yesterday was the first semi dry day and I was planning on firing the oven today but last night I took these pictures of the dome.
42" build in Virginia-water-around-dome-2.jpg;42" build in Virginia-water-along-dome.jpg

I have three layers of stucco over chicken wire and insulating blankets. It looks like I am getting a lot of water soaking into the dome.

Is this normal? Can I fire today or do I run the risk of cracking the dome?
Old 06-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Master Builder

Might be prudent to proceed slowly with the next fire to see how it goes re steam emanating from various parts of the oven. There shouldn't be too much water soaking through the stucco.

Sounds like a tarp over the whole thing when it rains would be good until you get it waterproof.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics