Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: 36" in Seattle

Congratulations Keith! 8.5 months is very impressive in my book for a totally finished oven of your type.

I've thoroughly enjoyed your thread and oven build. You've got a very unique and beautiful oven. It certainly was worth all your planning and you should be quite proud. I think that every professional or 'real' contractor who sees your oven knows the kind of work you put in to it and would be impressed. Especially since you (like many of us) have never done this before.

Your desert pizza looks great too. Cheers, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks. I filled the planters will dirt and put most of the plants in it yesterday, but it needs a few more plants, so I'm holding off on photos. Maybe this evening.

Thanks for the compliments.

Cheers!

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 05-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Master Builder

Your oven is going to look great once the plants settle and establish themselves. The oven will mold itself into the surrounding landscape and be part of it.

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO
Old 05-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Apprentice

Mascarpone-chocolate-strawberries sounds yummy - going to have to try that one.

Sounds a bit like this one on Slice today with a bit less of a desert twist - My Pie Monday: Jules's Ham, Mascarpone, and Arugula Pizza | Slice Pizza Blog

Old 05-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Apprentice

Hi Keith,

It's so nice to see the final product! It looks even better than how I imagined it would turn out. Congratulations! You must be very proud.

Raffy

Old 05-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Planted ground covers all over the oven. They should eventually thicken up and fill in the entire exposed soil. Many of them should also drape over the sides of the oven.

The two rear corners will eventually house large pots with shrubs or small trees or tall grasses or something like that.

And the concrete counter will be covered granite; I've already bought the tile, just need to cut and apply it.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
36" in Seattle-334-readytofillplanters.jpg   36" in Seattle-335-plantersfilled.jpg   36" in Seattle-336-plantersplanted.jpg   36" in Seattle-337-plantersplanted.jpg  

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 05-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Master Builder

That is the coolest looking oven! Dang.

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO
Old 05-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Serf

hey, looks great. we're outside of chicago and just started our first build. we went with a 36 in also. we can't wait to keep working on it. here's some pics so far.
Attached Thumbnails
36" in Seattle-pizza-oven1-copy.jpg   36" in Seattle-1-first-slab-copy.jpg   36" in Seattle-2-first-slab-poor-copy.jpg   36" in Seattle-3-fire-brick-island-slab-copy.jpg   36" in Seattle-4-fire-brick-slab-pooring-copy.jpg  

Old 05-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Not another one of those 3-tiered, planter ovens again. They are everywhere on this forum...Oh, never mind .

Your oven keeps getting better and better. It's going to look so nice when the plants grow a bit and the whole oven is going to blend in to the green surroundings. Great idea, well executed.

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Master Builder

Really nice!!! I had planned on putting soil on my roof and planting something -- Now I'm glad I didn't - Cause mine would look so bad compared to you! Very cool.

Christo