Old 10-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Peasant

Default Re: On top or underneath?

Tom , with the light burning it is keeping the little tarp tent in the mid to high forties .
Old 10-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

And by "freezing temps", it is meant the temperature of the concrete/mortar, not the ambient air temp. Covering the concrete will generally allow the concrete/mortar to set well below freezing so long as it was placed with a material temp of 40 or above.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscarborough View Post
And by "freezing temps", it is meant the temperature of the concrete/mortar, not the ambient air temp. Covering the concrete will generally allow the concrete/mortar to set well below freezing so long as it was placed with a material temp of 40 or above.
So what I gather from this is that if he wants to keep building he need to keep the structure (Tent) warm and all of his dome bricks and mortar warm prior to placement and he should be good for a while. Maybe keep the bricks and mortar in a heated garage. Here in Minnesota that would mean I would have about another 2 weeks under a tent and then it would be all over. I was able to lay some tile in our sun room two years ago at Thanksgiving but I was able to keep the floor temp at 50 and the room temp at 65 by using two electric space heaters. Outside temps dropped to 10F at night by then. But that room is insulated walls R19 and Ceiling R36.

Chip