Old 05-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Tapered Bricks?

Hey Mike,

No disrespect taken! I was merely commenting on how much work I could complete while not working and how little I have gotten done on the oven since I'm back to work. Yes, it can take forever but who cares? Once you're pulling pizzas out of your oven with one hand and a glass of wine in the other, you'll be entitled to be creative with the answers to the inevitable questions... uh, it's 800F in there... yeah, those are special bricks... um, it took about two weekends to build!!!

John
Old 06-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken524 View Post
I cut all my bricks in half, then tapered them. Exposed cuts inside the oven may theoretically be a bad idea, but my experience is the same as Les'; no problems.
I am VERY happy to hear this because I bought all used firebricks and I would have had a heck of a time cleaning them perfectly. If I am able to use the exposed cut side, that will help me tremendously.

For Ken or Les, if there does happen to be a very small amount of the old residue from the old firebricks exposed to the inside, will it eventually burn off if I happen to fire my oven several times before using it to cook?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The residue will be long gone after curing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Laborer

Awesome. Thank you for confirming. Can't wait to get this dome started!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Serf

I like the idea of tapered bricks, and i am in the planning stages of my oven. The tapered bricks means much more cutting, and i could not find a post about what the best saw would be to use or any strategies for cutting these bricks. Also, with the tapered bricks, what is the angle you cut them on? Can someone post the link for me if they know what i should be looking at or let me know in a reply? thank you!!