Old 02-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Score !!!!

Jeff,
Good prognostication. What a nice way to go though.

Broken Cookie - do you have that oven built yet????

-
Old 02-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Journeyman

If you carried that home all in one trip your truck must have felt like
I'm sure you owe it a fine detail job.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Good point RC. Time for new shocks! My Chevy was sitting really low with just 200 bricks in it. I can't even imagine 250 plus all the extras.

-
Old 02-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Journeyman

Jeff
Brokencookie was born as an act of revenge. When I was young ( during the last ice age) my parents would joking tell me that I was adopted. They would then make my supposed birth name using my initials. Lovely names like Bad Crumb, Beastly Crap and the more popular Brokencookie. I named my business brokencookie just to poke fun at my Mom( she thinks it a hoot) and carried the name over into the forum so I won't forget who I am on the forum.

George
It was a long slow drive from Seattle to Olympia. Evertime I hit 45 MPH my poor old truck would groan and sway alarmingly. So, city streets and low gear are the ticket.
I had this horrible thought that is holding up construction. I remembered that my septic tank is somewhere near ( or under) my build site. The thought of my pizza oven sinking into the broken septic tank has paralyzed me until I can locate the septic tank and the direction of the drain field. Unless I feel like digging up the entire yard I am at the mercy of the county records office. With any luck they can supply a diagram of my septic before the next century rolls around.

Bruce
Old 02-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Laborer

Ya that is one great find! Many here could only wish we had your luck! Way to go!! With All of those "discount" bricks you may want to consider making your oven bigger than 36". I have a 42" and I don't think there is one member here (including me) with a 40+" oven that wishes it was smaller!

Cheers, Versachi
Old 02-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Broken cookie,
I think you're right. Probably not a good idea to build on the drain field, unless you are at the far end of the diffusion pipes. I just went through a failed drain field a year ago. What a pain in the butt!

-
Old 02-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versachi View Post
Ya that is one great find! Many here could only wish we had your luck! Way to go!! With All of those "discount" bricks you may want to consider making your oven bigger than 36". I have a 42" and I don't think there is one member here (including me) with a 40+" oven that wishes it was smaller!

Cheers, Versachi
If you have room for that extra foot I would agree - go 42"
Old 02-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Journeyman

Somebody up there likes me !!

Today I added to my growing pile of materials. I found someone to sell me 102 CMUs ( cinderblocks) for $50. When I arrived I found that he was a mason who needed to have a lot of things sold because he was moving. Not only did he load up 75 CMUs in my poor old truck. He gave me 2 buckets of Heat-Stop mortar (pre-mixed, but I can use it for some of the non-critical spots).
When I go back tomorrow to pick up the rest he is giving me an additional 100 turn of the century hand made bricks and about 20 more firebricks (like I really needed those ).

The only thing holding me back now is the septic location, the weather, and the wife who wants me to finish remodeling the bathroom before I start another project
I picked up the HFT brick saw Sunday for $189 with the extended replacement warrenty for $19. Hard to go wrong with that kind of deal.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

You're good to go. If memory serves, the premix Heatstop is water soluble, which may pose a problem. Others, please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you're interested, I have two 4 cu. ft. bags of Perlite and 80% of a 4 cu. ft. bag of vermiculte left over, plus 2ish bags of fire clay and 2 bags of lime that I can give you a good deal on. Send me a private message if you want them.

George

-
Old 02-13-2008, 01:07 AM
Journeyman

BROKENCOOKIE
Always love to hear the story behind a name.
In a weak moment, I revealed a nick-name to Inish, in an attempt to explain my unsavoury use of English.
Mate you'll be able to open a demolitian yard soon, the way goods are coming in......
BTW, my daughter still maintains her brother is adopted, even after 30 years. I reckon they're both flamin adapted, as they exhibit none of my personality defects, eh. Alas, their physical pecularities give the lie to thatoor buggers. Sigh.
Happy building BestestCoolest.
Jeff the Luddite.