Old 03-27-2010, 04:57 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Raffy's WFO Build

Hi Raffy,
Looking great, did you find your insulating matl? Can't tell if you have the insulation on the dome yet or not.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Apprentice

Hi John,

How is Cam Sur? No insulation yet. I want to dry out the dome first before putting the insulation. I found some insulation blankets. I prefer them over the perlite cause its thinner and much more efficient. I saw your beer chicken. I like your choice of beer. I'm a Red Horse man myself. Have you cooked anything else after that?

Raffy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Master Builder

We are starting to try cooking pizza and just using round baking pans now, not brave enough to try the peel yet. The pizza is great, still playing with managing the heat. Where are you again in RP?
Old 03-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Apprentice

Hi John,

Baking pans are ok in the beginning especially when you want that first taste of your very own creation but I suggest you practice "shoveling" the pizza onto the peel as soon as possible. During my training, I ruined many a pizza transferring it to the peel but nothing like getting your hands dirty and making a few mistakes to turn you into the finest pizzaiolo in CamSur. Don't forget to dust the peel with flour everytime you shovel the pizza onto it.

I'm based in Manila. Do you make trips to the capital often? If you do PM me I'll send you my number.

Raffy

Old 03-28-2010, 05:11 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Lwood,,
I love using the pans.... I have had as many as 6 pizza'a prepped and readdy to cook at one time.. I throw them in, let em firm up, then slap em onto the brick.. The tray also gives you a place to cut and serve the pizza when its finished. You can cook them pretty rapidly too, so you get to eat dinner with your guests..
Cheers
Mark
Old 03-28-2010, 05:47 AM
Apprentice

Or you could do it Marks way Although I think it's important to have a thin pan or something that conducts heat fast.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Raffy,,
I use regular pizeria pans that are bought at the restaurant supply.. for me it just makes the whole thing easier to handle as I am never cooking just one pizza at a time.. And often when a guest makes their own pizza I will cook it all the way on the pan as they usually use too much sauce and if will stick to the oven floor...

P.S. and for the times when I dont use a pan I usually make what is referred to around here as
Quote:
The Accidental Calzone
You know when its sticks to the peel and rolls over into a calzone shape

Cheers
Mark
Old 03-28-2010, 06:27 AM
Apprentice

Hahaha! I've made several of those accidental calzones too. Hmmm something to consider when I have guests who want to make their own pizza from scratch. I definitely need to get me some of those pans then. =)

Old 03-28-2010, 06:28 AM
Master Builder

Going to stick with pans for now but I have to also get the peel down.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:30 AM
Master Builder

I have to experience the "Accidental Calzone" personally.

« Curing | Black Soot »