Old 03-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Raffy's WFO Build

Hey Mark,

I will most probably do it that way. It seems to be the most simple and cost effective way to do it.

Well, I put on the stucco already but I left the top portion of the dome unfinished to let any steam flow out freely. Once I feel the oven is dry enough, I'll top it off with the perlcrete and a final layer of stucco.

Can't wait to get cooking.
Attached Thumbnails
Raffy's WFO Build-imag0250.jpg   Raffy's WFO Build-imag0248.jpg   Raffy's WFO Build-imag0247.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Raffy; 03-31-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Heh heh, there was a point few weeks ago when my oven looked like that, with a bald spot of insulation on the top. I did it for the same reason, to cook out the steam before sealing it up.

Beautiful entry and chimney btw.

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 03-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebwi View Post
Heh heh, there was a point few weeks ago when my oven looked like that, with a bald spot of insulation on the top. I did it for the same reason, to cook out the steam before sealing it up.

Beautiful entry and chimney btw.
Thanks! When I saw your beautiful arch, I modeled the semi circular shape after yours. I guess you were my inspiration when it came to the opening hehehe. I want to seal up that "bald spot" already but I have to be patient and dry out the dome properly. I'm mustering up any last shred of discipline not to go full blast on the curing fires.

Warm Regards,
Raffy

Old 03-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Meh, I tried to get the Inswool all dried out before filling in the vermicrete, then tried to dry out the vermicrete before doing a thin parge layer of concrete...and NOW I have to dry the whole thing out again before I go full-on with the water-resistant stucco. It's been very very wet this week. I think I'm basically back to square one.

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 03-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Master Builder

I thought I was a Pyro....but until I built a really big fire in my oven, I was out of your league.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebwi View Post
Meh, I tried to get the Inswool all dried out before filling in the vermicrete, then tried to dry out the vermicrete before doing a thin parge layer of concrete...and NOW I have to dry the whole thing out again before I go full-on with the water-resistant stucco. It's been very very wet this week. I think I'm basically back to square one.
I agree. Its an endless cycle of keeping new concrete hydrated then eventually drying it out. It really tests my patience and discipline. I keep reminding myself good things come to those who wait. And, the reward is PEEEEZAAAH

Last edited by Raffy; 03-31-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwood View Post
I thought I was a Pyro....but until I built a really big fire in my oven, I was out of your league.
Goes to show we all have a hidden pyro within us. BTW, thanks for the info on the chimney cost. I was afraid it was going to reach that high. I'll be searching for cheap durable material for the chimney after holy week.

The upcoming Easter fiesta in Camsur must be something to look forward to. What I wouldn't do to be there now, but, I imagine the roads leading out of Manila are all congested.

Have a blessed weekend.

Last edited by Raffy; 04-01-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:39 AM
Apprentice

My inner pyro is happy for today. His hunger for flame has been satiated.
Attached Thumbnails
Raffy's WFO Build-imag0252.jpg   Raffy's WFO Build-imag0251.jpg  

Old 04-01-2010, 06:20 AM
Master Builder

Wow Raffy, looks great. Like the reveal.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I like your 1st pic of the fire Raffy: I can see the big wide flu opening. How is the small smokey fire drawing? Can you see smoke going up? Once you get a bigger fire, you may see the need for a taller vent pipe. What height are looking to add (if any)?
Very pretty arches,
-Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

« Curing | Black Soot »