Old 05-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Serf

Default Re: Oven Usage

Ditto for the wife, she is humouring me with fained interest at best. I look forward to the first pizza, roast, bread and anything else that takes my fancy with friends, relations and especially neighbours.

:-)
Old 05-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Oven Usage

I use mine most weekends with the odd missed week when we are doing some thing else. Once it has been fired up I will use it all weekend and cook a variety of meals.

This weekend I fired on Friday for pizza, then sat around the fire in the oven with a drink or two, or three (lost count!). Cooked breakfast on Saturday morning, a beef casserole on Saturday night and the neighbours also had their dinner in the oven as well. We finished off the weekend with a chicken curry on Sunday night.

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
(Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)
Old 06-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Oven Usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliman View Post
It varies - I have been up to 7 days per week, cooking every night in it, baking bread etc. I can do a roast with vegetables in about 2 hours from the time I light the fire to when we eat so that makes it good to use when you get home from work during the week....snip....
Not to hyjack this thread, but I'd like to read about this recipe and cooking utensils in the proper forum heliman....With pictures of course.....Please?

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.