Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Newbie Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: North House Folk Scool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMan View Post
I definitely want to build mine first, but also want it to look good. I am not worried so much about speed, although tasting that first pizza gets put off if it takes too long. I am fascinated by the IT tool and would like to be able to go that route, if I can master it. I know with experience, each one "should" be a tad easier. John.....where are you in SC?
We are in north Santee on lake Marion...been here about 4 years. We are in the process of relocating now, should be out of here in a couple months. Looks like I will be about 1 hr 15 minutes west of you in a few months.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 01-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Journeyman

Thanks for all the great guidance. I have learned so much just in the last few days from you all, reading up and looking at some of the builds on here. What a great bunch you all are. Thanks again. I am real excited about getting started. As soon as it warms up a bit here, I'll be out there leveling up the area and laying out for my footings.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
We are in north Santee on lake Marion...been here about 4 years. We are in the process of relocating now, should be out of here in a couple months. Looks like I will be about 1 hr 15 minutes west of you in a few months.
Oh yeah? Where are you moving to?
Old 01-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Cashiers, NC . Have a few good friends there, I've been persuaded to relocate. It wasn't hard, it reminds me very much of where we are from in New England..in the Berkshire mountain range. We were not long for this area.

We are excited...and now I get to build another oven for us. I'll probably slap one together on a temporary stand, because I have a technical base I want to build. That way we don't have to go without an oven long. So I guess I'm building two ovens at the new location.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 01-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Cashiers, NC . Have a few good friends there, I've been persuaded to relocate. It wasn't hard, it reminds me very much of where we are from in New England..in the Berkshire mountain range. We were not long for this area.

We are excited...and now I get to build another oven for us. I'll probably slap one together on a temporary stand, because I have a technical base I want to build. That way we don't have to go without an oven long. So I guess I'm building two ovens at the new location.
Yes, I know the area. We vacation west of there every fall, in Hayesville and go right through there. Plenty of folks in that area that can afford to have you come work for them.....and pay you well. As they should. You do beautiful work.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks.. As it happens, I have a couple bids in now. Maybe I can swing by and check out your build.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 01-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Thanks.. As it happens, I have a couple bids in now. Maybe I can swing by and check out your build.
That would be great. It would be an honor to meet you and maybe get a few pointers. I'm excited about getting started.