Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Newbie Forum

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: A newbie’s survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

Ok, you've done the crucifixion, how about giving the guy a rest. Rule 3 asks us to be polite.
Laurentius, Lburou, Gulf and 1 others like this.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Laborer

Default Re: A newbie’s survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

Just doing my part to keep this valuable thread circulating!

Trellis
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Sweet Home~ Colorado Springs ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:28 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: A newbie’s survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

Polishing concrete:

A good thing to keep in the back of your mind is polishing concrete instead of using granite for the food prep and trim areas. Neil2 posted here (Flying Saucer) about the way he did his concrete grinding to a high standard.
Gulf likes this.

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Lee, I added Neil's link to the polished concrete thread. Thx......

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 09-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Serf

Thank you so much for all your research! I really appreciate it. Can't wait to keep reading your thread.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: A newbie’s survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

The risk of trying something new is less if you pattern your effort after someone who has been successful in the same endeavor.

Brickie in oz started a thread with good feedback about what members here would do differently next time they build an oven, its: here. (If you had the chance to rebuild your oven, what would you change?) Check it out, it will help you plan your oven build.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Updated the list of typical oven builds done while sticking to the plans.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Serf

Nice. thanks for posting
Old 02-03-2014, 01:14 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Monthly bump

My Build

My Door

Old 03-29-2014, 10:23 PM
Apprentice

Monthly bump
)

Photo albums