Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Newbie Forum

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: A newbies survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

Maybe this forum isnt all thats its quacked up to be.....

Edit:-
Great first post btw.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by brickie in oz; 05-17-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Peasant

Default Re: A newbies survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
Maybe this forum isnt all thats its quacked up to be.....

Edit:-
Great first post btw.....
Thanks,

Seems to have had the effect though

WD
Old 05-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Duck View Post
Thanks,

Seems to have had the effect though

WD
Dont count on it.
Once you have given more advice to others than you have received you can start laying down the law.

Until then, pull ya head in.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:39 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Duck View Post
Wow you guys sure do now how to stuff up a good thread (with your off subject crap)
Seems this has happened to a few good threads on this site.
What about getting back to the topic.

I am a newbie (member that is) but I have been hanging around this forum for a long while, I don't think new members need to be side tracked with rubbish especially on Lee's good thread.
Just my 20 cents
WD
I apologize for taking this thread into the weeds with my prior comments.

Thanks to those of you who have a sense of humor and are willing to share an occasional diversion to the technicals.

Lee, My sincere apologies to You for sending this thread off track. I would be very willing to remove my off track posts to this thread should you desire.

Chip
Dino_Pizza likes this.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I'm cool....Just thought my friends were keeping the thread at the top of the forum where it is most useful to new folks yearning for information about the Italian style wood oven.

We need a post about once a month to keep it there. :hinthint:
brickie in oz, mrchipster and Gulf like this.

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Master Builder

I really don't think Laurentius is Yakuza! Has enough martial arts skills not to need a gang to cover his ass.

As far as hi-jacking the thread, follow what is listed in the first 10 posts.
The rest sounds like good-ole-boyz back slapping or a night listening to thanks at the Oscars or Academy Awards.

The concept of a making it easy to find information is a mistake! Much better you have to dig through things to find something instead of it just given free on a golden platter.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthymutt View Post
Normal Japanese don't wear tattoos. Only the mobsters have tattoos or those with links to them. Hence the long sleeves and covering up.

We visited a waterslide park near Tokyo about two years ago and there was a big sign at the entrance NO TATTOOS ALLOWED. If you had one it had to be covered up. Saw several girls with large bandages on that were only meant for covering their ink.
You didn't read the sign right. It meant "no short guys" that point to the sky and say "DA PLANE! DA PLANE" --like from "Fantacy Island"!

I guess no professional athletes or entertainers are welcome either! Another stupid "stereotype rule", there is some really great body art out there and it is part of this culture..denying it doesn't make it go away!

Another stupid rule--Osaka mayor says that you cannot work in municipal government (any capacity .. even garbage collector? or any of the other unsavory jobs - traditionally listed for lower class (in Japan), honey wagon drivers, meat cutters, persons handling dead people etc) if you have a tatoo... Doesn't say--no exposed tatoo, simply tatoo. It was in a survey that public employees had to fill out.. if you lied, you would also be terminated.

If you don't like my post--don't read it!
Old 05-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lburou View Post
We need a post about once a month to keep it there. :hinthint:
I nominate Wild Duck.

Old 05-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Master Builder

I second that nomination!--and the winner is..................................?
Old 05-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Master Builder

Hey Al,

Whats the office he running for? He has 5 posts, is he qualified? There are 2 slots open. BS, police chief and BS, cleaner upper. I hope he will consolidate the two. Some of us will be on retroactive probation. Are the wild duckd, peking??????