Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Newbie Forum

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 06:28 AM
Laborer

Default Re: A newbie’s survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

I used this thread when builing my oven !

Trellis
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Sweet Home~ Colorado Springs ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: A newbie’s survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
Amazon.com: brickie: Kindle Store

I had a link in my sig but it got deleted. I must be too much competition for them.....
Put it back! I got your Back!
Gulf likes this.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Well I believe everyone is right here. So we can help keep the thread from being lost in the masses by replying to the thread once in a while if the mods don't want to stick it.
Lburou thanks for creating this thread. Love the content, it all a newbee could wish for. It took me awhile to find it tonight as it had moved down the list, just a little push back to the top.

PS. congratulations Utah on you becoming a Il Pizzaiolo..........Your t-shirt coming yet?

KB

Old 05-16-2013, 06:08 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
Put it back! I got your Back!
Great the Yakuza has your back.....

Chip
Old 05-16-2013, 07:06 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks KB, but I really feel I don't deserve the it. I just enjoy helping when I can and passing on the experience and info I got from others on this Forum, IE Karangi Dude, Tscar, Les, and a myriad of others.........

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 05-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipster View Post
Great the Yakuza has your back.....

Chip
Great.......who to be more afraid of, the forum police or the Japanese mob.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:00 AM
Apprentice

Normal Japanese don't wear tattoos. Only the mobsters have tattoos or those with links to them. Hence the long sleeves and covering up.

We visited a waterslide park near Tokyo about two years ago and there was a big sign at the entrance NO TATTOOS ALLOWED. If you had one it had to be covered up. Saw several girls with large bandages on that were only meant for covering their ink.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:05 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Anyone with a tatoo is not allowed entry into an onsen ( hot spring bath) either.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Peasant

Wow you guys sure do now how to stuff up a good thread (with your off subject crap)
Seems this has happened to a few good threads on this site.
What about getting back to the topic.

I am a newbie (member that is) but I have been hanging around this forum for a long while, I don't think new members need to be side tracked with rubbish especially on Lee's good thread.
Just my 20 cents
WD
Old 05-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Apprentice

The one thing that's great about this website and its forums is how it's all about sharing. The experienced guys that still visit the site even though they've finished their builds, sometimes even after multiple builds, just to share their knowledge with others who are going through the process.
Their is an air of helpfulness and camaraderie here absent from other sites. It's about guys helping other guys. And with that often comes a social bonding. So, yes sometimes posts of a thread may go askew for a short time but hey, they'll get back to business all by themselves, no worries. No need to get so upset about it.