Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Newbie Forum

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: A newbies survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

I fully agree lLburou's Treasure Archives should be a sticky! Love this Thread!

Maybe we are using the wrong tool. Maybe we should create a Poll and put it up to a vote (if that hasn't been done already). I've never started a Poll myself - don't know if a lowly Laborer can pull that off...but I'll try.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: A newbies survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

Ive been to a few forums where the whole front page is nothing but stickies, its ugly.
Im sure anyone with forum knowledge can find it without it being a sticky thread.
If they havent forum knowledge then they will learn, just like we all did, how much hand holding can you do?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I can live with the thread not being a sticky. I do believe however, that a familiarity with the site and how it works overshadows how difficult it is for someone (new) to find the best, 'stick to the plans' information and techniques available here. That is why I made the thread. The thread leaves out some pretty awesome oven threads, which may be why it is not a sticky.

We are fortunate to have such a resource as fornobravo, even more, to have it without a barrage of advertising. And for that, I say thanks to James and his staff!!

Brickie, I agree with you and think stickies can be consolidated and abbreviated to improve the site, but that takes quite a bit of effort and familiarity with the software and is a drain on resources (BTW, I'm available and have the skill and experience to do that).

Its a great day to fire my oven, I'm sure about that. Glad to be a part of this awesome membership.

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Last edited by Lburou; 03-10-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Well I believe everyone is right here. So we can help keep the thread from being lost in the masses by replying to the thread once in a while if the mods don't want to stick it.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 03-11-2013, 06:21 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

It would be good to see the dome spreadsheet calculator added to the list at the beginning of this post.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...tor-18131.html (Dome spreadsheet calculator)

Common questions answered in this post for newbies.

Chip
Old 03-11-2013, 06:39 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Good idea.......what do you think Lee?

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: A newbies survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipster View Post
It would be good to see the dome spreadsheet calculator added to the list at the beginning of this post.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...tor-18131.html (Dome spreadsheet calculator)

Common questions answered in this post for newbies.

Chip
Done, thanks for the suggestion!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: A newbies survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

I've added a link to the "What's cooking at Karangi Kitchen" thread. The thread shows how to cook just about anything in a wood fired oven. I thought it would help motivate someone in the process of getting a wood fired oven to see what it can do. Does anyone know where to find Brickie's e-book?
Gulf likes this.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Good Choice!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 04-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lburou View Post
Does anyone know where to find Brickie's e-book?

Amazon.com: brickie: Kindle Store

I had a link in my sig but it got deleted. I must be too much competition for them.....