Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Newbie Forum

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: A newbies survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

One thing that very few mention is the lime attacks on your skin. I do not remember whos thread I read it on, but wash your hands with apple cider vinegar to neutralize the lime. And yes, the lime will eat through latex gloves.

I echo all the links mentioned. I personally found Ken's, Cristo's and Dino's threads very helpful. Most of all, don't be afraid of asking questions and PM'ing other builders for the "lessons learned". We have a ton of them.

May the Sauce be with you!
SpottedFrog likes this.

Follow my build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: A newbies survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

Bump , and I think that this should be a stickie as well as Lburou's build added to this Survey!

Any seconds out there on this motion?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I'll make it a third. Lee's Treasure Trove was one of my main threads that I went to for research. It really is a Treasure Trove for Newbies. Moderator, this really is a valid request to make Lee's thread a stickie!

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 11-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Moderators,

How about our request on making this thread a sticky??? Other wfoers chime in on this.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 11-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Master Builder

Hi Russell,

Are you back stateside? How was your trip. Sorry, yes Moderator, let make this thing STICK!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Outdoor Kitchens...

I've just added Texman's outdoor kitchen to the list. Its included there because he has incorporated many of the recent tweaks to the pompeii oven while incorporating it into a beautiful outdoor kitchen.

Its a labor of love and a work of art.

Does anyone else notice the wonderful absence of banner ads, footer ads on fornobravo.com? Isn't it wonderful to have a simple site layout without all the commercial clutter? Thanks to James and the fornobravo team! :thumbsup:
SpottedFrog likes this.

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Last edited by Lburou; 12-15-2013 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Thanking fornobravo!!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thank you Lburou,
I really had hoped for this addition ! Very few diserve this more than Tracy. A great build, from a guy who will not settle for just anything. If it was not to his satisfaction, he was willing to start over until it was right.
Aidan, Tu, and Russell, will you join me in congratulating another standout in the Class of 2012 .
We learned so much from the pioneers of this forum. There is no telling what the class of 2013+ will do.
I posted this on Tracy's build first. I just wanted to cover all the bases.
Thank's again Lburou.
Lburou and banhxeo76 like this.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:53 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I second Gulf's sediment. I am really looking forward to seeing the next graduating class of 2013 and my thanks to the pioneers who lead me here. Congrats to Tex on making the famous Lburou treasure list.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 03-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Mods,
Where are we at on making this invaluable thread a sticky?

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 03-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Hi Mods,
Where are we at on making this invaluable thread a sticky?
Russell,
Forno Bravo is a great forum.
But, on this issue, it seems that they are either "afraid" of acknowldeging this thread or "skeard" of starting one of their own .