Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Newbie Forum

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Don't overlook the eBooks at Forno Bravo's Store

The section of the Fornobravo store containing eBooks and Cd's has some good information you'll need to get on with your building project, or start making and cooking better pizza and breads. They are FREE: To get the free eBooks, proceed to the checkout, then download them.

P.S. You can make a donation to the Christopher Reeve Foundation for some of these eBooks if that is your wish

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Last edited by Lburou; 01-04-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Banned

Default Re: A newbies survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

Does anyone have a full guide on making a 36" oven? I'm trying to make one but cannot spend more than $500. THanks
Old 06-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Banned

Default Re: A newbies survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

Also, some of the ebooks say that they are $10.00 or $25.00
Old 06-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Journeyman

Pretty difficult to get it under that amount.. lots of bargain hunting on Craiglist is ahead if you want a true pompeii.

You need to read this whole thread... link in the first post is for FREE plans.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Banned

ahh
I am planning on not making it fancy and just functional.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jascob View Post
ahh
I am planning on not making it fancy and just functional.
To make it functional you need lots of insulation, thats around $200 gone already.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned

Oh my gosh
wait, can someone please help me calculate how much of stuff i need? Brickie in oz, can you please help me?
Old 06-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Download the free plans eBooks & CD ROMs :: Forno Bravo Store it has all the materials listed.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Banned

I downloaded it but I don't have that kind of money D:
Old 06-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Laborer

I've been a craigslist junkie for the past several months getting all of my cinderblocks and regular bricks for free and all of my firebricks for $.50/each. The thing is, it's been TONS of work having to remove old mortar from these used items. I'm getting some of my refractory mortar for free from leftovers from a neighbor's job and got an AWESOME deal for a brand new 36" Dura-Vent chimney pipe for $50....................and I'm still gonna be pushing $800 for my oven. Most people would probably think that's pretty cheap. If you aren't prepared to spend this you should start looking at a cob oven.

PS - The cob oven was my original plan until I found this website. Then I realized that even though it would cost less than $100, I'd have to do practically the same amount of work and have my oven fall apart in a couple years. Thanks for breaking the bank Forno Bravo!