Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Newbie Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: My oven Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrocks007 View Post
Well, I contacted a neighbor who welds professionally who said he'd make the stand for 200$, looks like my plans are coming together.

So do you guys think a 36x36x36 is going to give me enough base for the Giardino60 after the final stucco and everything is added?
The FB.com stand for the Giardino60 is 39 X 47 X 39inches....That would be the most logical size. Call Hiedi at FB.com and ask her, she'll know.

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Laborer

Default Re: My oven Plans

Okay, I called FornoBravo today, and we figured out that a 38x38inch base for the stand would suffice. The only thing she could not answer is weather or not a 1/4" steel constructed/welded stand would be strong enough to support my oven. Any thoughts?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrocks007 View Post
Okay, I called FornoBravo today, and we figured out that a 38x38inch base for the stand would suffice. The only thing she could not answer is weather or not a 1/4" steel constructed/welded stand would be strong enough to support my oven. Any thoughts?
I would say yes. Your fabricator will have an idea of the strength of the steel, ask him.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Laborer

Still mulling my plans over here. Been in touch with customer service at Fornobravo. Seems that a 38 wide by 38 deep stand is sufficient for the Giardano 60 oven. I downloaded the installation instructions and noted that they specify a 37 inch wide by 41.5 in deep. This is because their plans have a 6 inch "oven landing." I am assuming that this is a 6 in space to give room to build a arch, or to have some space in front. I am not planning on doing an arch, nor do I think I need any space in front of the oven. Does anyone see a need for this, or am I missing something?

Also, turns out that angle iron is sold in 48 inch lengths, so I was thinking maybe I should just get the Giardano 70 oven for 200$ more and build the stand 42 wide and 42 deep. Any thoughts on this? seems like the 4 extra inches is not that big of a deal space-wise, and I would love to cook bigger pizzas, say a 12-14 incher would be better. Thoughts? Is it worth it to get the bigger oven?
Old 06-19-2011, 06:30 AM
Laborer

Updated plans. Getting closer to ordering the Giardano 60, trying to find cheap deals on angle iron. Might check out a scrap-yard.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pizza Oven Plans.pdf (625.6 KB, 754 views)
Old 06-19-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
This is because their plans have a 6 inch "oven landing." I am assuming that this is a 6 in space to give room to build a arch, or to have some space in front.
Or to have a vent and chimney. Cooking with combustion gasses in your face is going to get old really fast. I'd plan for a vent. Apologies if you've thought of this already, and are talking about something else.
Quote:
Is it worth it to get the bigger oven?
Yes. In anything much under a 36 inch (900mm) you're really pressed for room. I'd get as close to this size as you can.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Laborer

Lightbulb Re: My oven Plans

Now I am ready to order the oven. Been speaking with a FB dealer to order a Giardino 70. He recommended that I look into building a wood stand for my needs. I LIKE THAT IDEA!

Yes I know.... there will be some haters out there. But if done properly, I can't see this being a problem.

So here are my new plans. I took some photos from another forum and put them on my plans too.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pizza Oven Plans2.0.pdf (862.6 KB, 169 views)
Old 07-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Laborer

I finnally ordered my Giardino 70 oven today! I am soooooo excited!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Laborer

My oven is coming along.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Mighty Tidy horrocks007!

Have you rolled it around yet to test the cart on that irregular surface?

Can't wait to see your first pizza.

Last edited by Lburou; 08-06-2011 at 10:17 AM.