Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Newbie Forum

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: How much $$$ do you have in your oven

I stopped counting at $15000 for our project...But I had a lot of contractor help.

I'd have been happy with a premade oven on casters from fornobravo at one fifth the cost.
brickie in oz likes this.

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: How much $$$ do you have in your oven

Lee
I thought i was saving money doing it myself instead of an FB unit. To give our host, James some kudos, i am not so sure. I wouldn't trade my oven, but i could have digested a lot of pizza by now instead of brick dust. For me, the oven has been the cheap part, i think. It is like buying a horse. The horse is usually the cheapest part. It is the new pickup, new trailer, new fence, new duds, bigger hat and the cattle to go with him that kills you. All the stuff around the oven is what really adds up. Especially in a kitchen setting. But just the oven cost:
Bricks and mortar plus shipping: $1,600
fb board and blanket:$477.00
base concrete and cmus: $250.00
Chimney "Chimzilla" pipe: $900
enclosure:$350
vermiculite:$165
brick base veneer: $50
rope/gasket:$50
IT materials:$45
beer:$113 (i only included what i drank while working)
saw:$250
blades:$300
TOTAL so far (not done yet BTW) $4,550.00
kitchen to put it in: not priceless
Tracy

Old 09-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Only a couple hundred bucks, but I am a scavenger and special case.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lburou View Post
I stopped counting
Ive spent bucket loads of money on the pizza area, funny thing is I only enjoy 1 or 2 slices of pizza then Im done, but I do love having ppl over and making their night a good one......
Lburou likes this.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscarborough View Post
Only a couple hundred bucks, but I am a scavenger and special case.
Tom
You have shamed us all and you are hurting the struggling Austin economy. You should spend all that money you saved and buy yourself something nice.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Master Builder

$500 Australian - including stuff I bought then didn't use, like castors, terracotta clay, etc.
I reckon that, doing it again I would bring it in for the same money with a thicker dome, more insulation and a rendered finish. Steel frame adds money i didn't need to spend once I decided not to make it mobile.
I didn't count the beer and wine consumed. I'd have drank that anyway, probably more if I wasn't working away.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Peasant

Took the 'lazy' way out and bought the primavera. I'd guess I'm into it for about $4k with the tools etc. Would I do it again? HECK YA! Its really become the focal point of our entertaining. In fact, we realized the other day we have not fired up our gas grill ONCE all summer!
Lburou and Capt like this.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Journeyman

I am at about 500, but like TS, I scavenged a bunch! I still need to finish (about $200) and life should be good - LOL. Then comes the grill/smoker portion of the kitchen, the flagstone patio, addnl concrete...

Follow my build