Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Newbie Forum (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/)
-   -   How to lift Primavera 70 (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/how-lift-primavera-70-a-15815.html)

ernisse 04-30-2011 06:52 AM

How to lift Primavera 70

I am thinking about purchasing a Primavera 70 but am unsure as how most people get them onto a concrete stand. I have seen the pictures of folks using an engine lift and can understand how that works with a Primavera 60 and its stand, but how does one do that with a 70 and still get the straps out from underneath it. Is there an easier way to lift it onto the stand? Thanks for any advice.

HeidiL2011 05-02-2011 11:38 AM

Re: How to lift Primavera 70

Hi Ernisse,

To move the Primavera70 we recommend using 2x4's wedging them under the oven then having 4-6 guys lift and move the oven to the stand then slowing removing the 2x4's one at a time.

Heidi

Kid800 05-04-2011 10:29 AM

I hired 4 moving professionals help me with setting up my Primavera 60 on the stand. It was an ordeal. After Three hours, $375.00 and a stripped bolt it was finally up. I have to secure the legs of the stand with U-Bolts. Needless to say they never saw anything like it, they wanted to lay it on it's side to attache the legs, but I wouldn't let them. Hopefully you can find someone with a fork lift. I told them initially that I only needed them to hold up the oven with 2x4's while I attache the stand; after they laughed they struggled to put it together for me. It was an experience!
Good luck!

ernisse 05-04-2011 08:21 PM

Thanks for the responses. Can some 2x4's really hold the weight of a 70? I do have a forklift at the hanger I manage, but I think getting it off the skids would be a challenge.

ernisse 05-04-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid800 (Post 112294)
I hired 4 moving professionals help me with setting up my Primavera 60 on the stand. It was an ordeal. After Three hours, $375.00 and a stripped bolt it was finally up. I have to secure the legs of the stand with U-Bolts. Needless to say they never saw anything like it, they wanted to lay it on it's side to attache the legs, but I wouldn't let them. Hopefully you can find someone with a fork lift. I told them initially that I only needed them to hold up the oven with 2x4's while I attache the stand; after they laughed they struggled to put it together for me. It was an experience!
Good luck!

BTW Kid800, how do you like your oven? I thought about the 60 and think it would be fine, some am a bit worried it might be too small for an reasonable fire, but I do not have the space for a large oven. The 70 is the max size available, but the 60 would be better if it is a suitable size. thanks again.

Kid800 05-05-2011 06:21 AM

I haven't really used it as yet; I'm still in the process of curing it. But it's by the pool and I'm sure it will be OK as long as i can get it up to temp to cook a pizza in about 2 minutes as I've seen on FB.

Kid800 05-15-2011 02:02 PM

I love my oven! Can't make the pizzas quick enough, so there's always one in and one on the way. This is a quality oven; I cured it in a week (after sitting in the garage for 4 months) and it is a great addition to the house.

Kid800 06-09-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernisse (Post 112325)
BTW Kid800, how do you like your oven? I thought about the 60 and think it would be fine, some am a bit worried it might be too small for an reasonable fire, but I do not have the space for a large oven. The 70 is the max size available, but the 60 would be better if it is a suitable size. thanks again.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, but the oven works great! I make one Pizza at a time and it cooks before I'm finished shaping the next one; I've been making 6-7 at a pop with no problem (Well, that's not true getting it on and off the peel sometimes is frustrating and I've even lost a couple-and none are round but they are excellent tasing)
Happy pizzaing (?)

fornographer 02-12-2012 07:20 PM

Hi Ernisse, Did you ever end up purchasing the Primavera 70? If so, how did you set it up? Did you use a forklift or did you have manual help?

Thanks.

ernisse 02-13-2012 04:51 AM

No, sorry, we decided to build our own oven and am planning to do that this spring using a Forno kit. We were planning on using a forklift that I was going to rent from an equipment place down the street from my house.