Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Newbie Forum (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/)
-   -   Floor heating problem - help! (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/floor-heating-problem-help-17117.html)

ahmadyousaf 12-09-2011 04:43 AM

Floor heating problem - help!

Hello all,

I'm new in this forum and I'm a newbie in oven development as well :). I have just built my first oven and i'm facing a problem that I'm unable to get above 50 degree Celsius on the oven floor. The doom is heated up well but the floor doesn't heat-up. I'm using natural gas burner instead of wood. I burnt fire for more than 2 hours but couldn't get the baking temperature on the floor.

Can someone guide me to a fault finding direction so that I could find out what's going wrong with my oven?

Thanks & Regards,
Ahmad

Neil2 12-09-2011 10:46 AM

Re: Floor heating problem - help!

First question is, do you have a layer of insulation under the hearth (floor) bricks ?

Second, is this a new construction and therfore not fully cured yet ?

brickie in oz 12-09-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahmadyousaf (Post 124500)
I'm using natural gas burner instead of wood.

It sounds like an accident waiting to happen using gas. :eek:

The fire needs to be in contact with the floor of the oven for it to get hot enough. :)

v12spirit 12-09-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brickie in oz (Post 124519)

The fire needs to be in contact with the floor of the oven for it to get hot enough. :)

Hey
Go to Forno Bravo home page. In "Commercial Ovens" go to "Compare" then downlad the pdf compare sheet. Compare your design with the right oven design. The problem of floor not heating enough is mentioned there.

brickie in oz 12-09-2011 02:11 PM

Well thats interesting.

Forno Bravo discourage gas burners and discussion of them on the forum, yet they sell a gas burner model....:confused:

Tscarborough 12-09-2011 02:44 PM

The gas system's that are used in commercial ovens have the required safeguards to keep them from blowing up. A consumer gas burner stuck in an oven is not the same thing.

Johnny the oven man 12-11-2011 12:45 PM

My bet is, the dome is too high internally. What height?

Johnny the oven man 12-11-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brickie in oz (Post 124519)

Coals maybe. Remember that flames stand up, and heat rises. What the ideal scenario should be, is the flames should be rolling around in the oven, and heating everything, inc the floor.

david s 12-12-2011 12:57 AM

My bet is that the oven still contains moisture. It is a new one isn't it?

ahmadyousaf 12-12-2011 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil2 (Post 124512)
First question is, do you have a layer of insulation under the hearth (floor) bricks ?

Second, is this a new construction and therfore not fully cured yet ?

Yes, the floor bricks are insulated. :)

Yea, it's a new oven and it might still have moisture in it. The bricks had soaked a lot of water while I was dipping 'em for construction. :)

But I was thinking it should be cured after 3 drying fires.

Thanks & Regards,
Ahmad