Old 02-02-2010, 07:31 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Eric's WFO build

Hey Eric, your base looks great and your island hearth looks very professional.

I didn't use vermiculite mix so I don't know if the Home Depot stuff is the correct vermiculite size or not. I hope someone else chimes in here to answer that. You could take a quick look at what OSH, Lowes or a local nursery carry and see if its any bigger.

Can't wait to see the dome start,
-Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Journeyman

Thanks Dino, it didn't feel like a professional job in the middle of it. Greg emailed me and he used the HD stuff and it was fine. I hope to lay the insulating layer Saturday if the weather holds, then on to the dome. I will post more pics when I get progress.

Eric
Old 02-03-2010, 02:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Eric,
I bought my vermiculite from a shipping company called Cardboard Boxes, Shipping Supplies, Packaging Materials - ULINE they have three kinds, you want the # 2 grade Vermiculite I used 4 bags between the base and the dome.. my oven is 42 inch inside... You can also try local pool building supply stores.. I dont think the home depot stuff is big enough.. Give that a try
Cheers
Mark