Old 01-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Building supplies in NZ

LIME source.

Placemakers has the lime and they also sell fire bricks. I got my lime from placemakers in riccarton across the road from bunnings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Serf

In Taupo currently in the process of building a Pompeii oven just over 1 metre in dia. using fire bricks ( from placemakers) for the base & red chimney bricks for the dome, to expensive to use all fire bricks. The mortar I have used for the assembly is fire mortar, formulated & sold by Mastermix in Foxton (06 3635686). Havent completed dome yet but getting close.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:40 AM
Serf

Just started building mine, got my hearth base from Brick & Cobble factory in Henderson, ( i got 80% of my firebricks from 2 houses that got demo'd, so i was first in line for the firebricks, however i needed 8 more and got them as seconds ($4 each) from Certec Industries in Te Atatu, refractory glue 25kg pail for $99 from Certec as well (if you want pizza oven info then ring certec they'll happily answer all the questions youve eva wanted to ask, one stop pizza oven building shop), building my oven dome out of chimney bricks from the 1920's house chimney,(cutting them with a brick chisel & hammer easy peasy)...you can get the ceramic blanket from Bot Pots in East Tamaki or Crow Refractory (he has pricelist and freights all over nz) in Wiri, Manukau (both places near identical in price). Also as tinfoil is another additional layer u can get thick grade tinfoil from Ullrich Alumnium in manukau, way thicker than what you get in the supermarket.
See my progress via fb My Pizza Oven | Facebook