Old 08-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Building oven around a clay dome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69firebird View Post
So, most of the ovens I've seen on here it's all the multi angles cuts that really concern me. From past experience that doesn't turn out well for me, lol.

If it was just cutting brick in half and slapping g them in place sure no problem.
Gudday
Yes you can build without brick saws my own oven has survived three yrs of use without any problems . You'll find that the good ok'd USA the firebricks are way cheaper than here so its certainly a money wise option.
If you really want some inspiration check out Bruce's folly in the getting started section he built his out if a wheelchair
Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Serf

Ok,
I tried to get the plans from the store and didn't receive them, I'll try again and see what I can find locally for bricks.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Apprentice

Here ya go ... Pompeii Oven Plans2.0 ......The people on here will be more than helpful with your questions when they come up......
Old 08-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Master Builder

Smile Re: Building oven around a clay dome?

just 2 cents...

If you have the time and a good location and a little cash-go with the brick oven. It is not that difficult-just hard work and a patience mainly. The beauty of the finished product is concealed usually under mounds of insulation. You will have a quality oven and a lot of flexibility to cook whatever food you can imagine.

Texman

Old 08-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

You can build it using half bricks cut roughly with a bolster, then place the rough cut to the outside. You will have some large gaps to fill so some temporary wooden wedges on the outside will help. The home brew is cheap and effective for this method.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Lots of patience. But then it depends on how fussy one is