Old 03-03-2012, 03:40 AM
Laborer

Default Re: The build goes on.

Well between showers I got the fire going again all day today. Nice and slow. Tonight I cranked it up a bit and all was well so some more and then the roof went white. Hot enough to cook a tray of vegies.
I have a small crack but no smoke comeing from it so I thinks it's ok. I will cover the crack in the morning by forcing in some ryebond, then weather permitting the ceramic blank goes on and a coat of render.
The the tile , paving sink etc. Top coat of render then some more slow fires, then PIZZA !
NO MORE RAIN !
Rob
Old 03-03-2012, 04:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday Rob
I leave in the east.....manly west....talk about coastal showers.. its bucketed down today. My oven is about as soaked as it could get....I was building Mod 2 door so last few weeks rains were blown in the oven so with todays 20mm its a No Can Use..... till this wheather changes.
One good thing is the woods piling up....I've run out of my usual stowage spaces and started to pile the excess along the chook pen.Come winter I'll have heaps and you can't get a better time in Brisbane to enjoy your oven than a winters day.

Regards Dave
Old 03-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Laborer

HI
I got 2 layers of 50mm blanket on, wire and a coat of render last weekend. It hasnot rained for a few days and all looks dry, so I made a small fire. Keep it going for 2 hours. Render still cool. So i made the fire bigger, got the roof just going white and the render is still cool. I am so impressed with the ceramic blanket. No heat gets out. I plan on trying pizza soon !

Istill need to tile bench tops and work out how I am going to dress up the front of the arch before getting a top coat of render on ,,,,,,,?
But so far no cracks in the render !
This thing might just work well after all !
Rob
Old 03-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Q. Where did Noah keep his bees?
A. in the Ark hives (archives)
Old 03-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Laborer

Well the oven and outdoor kitchen is a long way from finished but the urge to cook over came me to night.
So I give you the first pizza from the oven. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are on a low carb, health kick so pizza is off the list but it's spelt flour so not as bad (just keep telling myself that).
Came out well I think and there is no leftovers from the other 6 pizzas.
Happy man, wife and family. Just need to get it finished too, so it's fit to entertain.
Attached Thumbnails
The build goes on.-2012-03-09-17.51.21-1280x960-.jpg