Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Newbie Forum (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/)
-   -   Added Home Value?? (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/added-home-value-526.html)

firepie 04-18-2006 10:54 AM

Added Home Value??

Hello

Does anyone have a sense at to if a backyard wood fired pizza oven adds/detracks from home re-sell values? Assuming in the USA. I'm assuming it adds value but I would be interested in hear if anyone can confirm this and what percentage or dollar amount do you think it effects the re-sell value.

Not that it will effect my decision to build, besides I've already started and I'm not stopping now.

stuart 04-18-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firepie
Not that it will effect my decision to build, besides I've already started and I'm not stopping now.

I love that attitude! :cool:

My take on that is it will add value, but it is all but impossible to arrive at a dollar value. I could just see a VISA commercial addressing that....."Wood fired oven in your back yard.....PRICELESS."

With items like your future oven, upper end landscaping, or even architectural details you may not get your investment back. Those items should however bring emotion to the potential buyer. An emotional buyer is a good buyer!

Consider this, two houses in the same neighborhood, same relative size, age, style etc and same price, but one has a killer backyard with a wood fired oven included. Which will be more likely to sell first? Who's stays on the market longer costing the seller additional mortgage payments not to mention the stress of selling a property.

Enjoy the oven!

Les 04-18-2006 12:11 PM

We had this discussion last November the return seemed to go from 0 to 5X your investment.

Robert Musa 04-18-2006 12:41 PM

its a moot point. no one who builds an oven ever sells their home... never ... ever ... :p

gregorscheer 04-18-2006 01:19 PM

There is nothing like the smell of freshly backed bread

to sell a house, this is where the subconscience kicks in and the brains slide down into your belly :D

stuart 04-18-2006 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Musa
its a moot point. no one who builds an oven ever sells their home... never ... ever ... :p

Then there's that too! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les
We had this discussion last November the return seemed to go from 0 to 5X your investment.

Can you point us in the direction of that thread?

Les 04-18-2006 03:25 PM

value of oven to property - If you can't find it on the board, go to my profile and select all the posts by me, it's the 6th one down.

Les...

Robert Musa 04-18-2006 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuart
Then there's that too! ;)

Can you point us in the direction of that thread?

try here

and now the message is at least 10 characters long thus satisfying the forum software such that it will allow me to post...

BrickOvenActor 06-07-2006 12:32 PM

Value

Just like a swimming pool or anything that is an addition to the exterior yard. It all depends on the home-buyer. I am looking for a place now and I would love to find a pool and a outdoor kitchen (with brick oven) already in my yard and I'm only 30. So... if you have a young couple that likes to cook. I can see it only bringing you more $$$$.

These ovens aren't a week-end warrior project, ,so people will welcome it.

J :cool: