Old 02-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: 4 courses up... and a big question

Looking Good!

You're making me miss my build....

Time to tear down and redo !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics:

Old 02-15-2008, 04:29 AM
Serf

I can't claim my DDD yet...still whittlin' on that keystone. I sense great satisfaction just ahead!

There's such a learning curve on building the dome...maybe I've got more than one in me! It has been a fun and absorbing project.

Bob
Old 03-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Bob, what cure method do you have planned, old way, new FB way, or David Sewells?

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 03-31-2008, 06:37 AM
Serf

I did about 8 progressive fires and then started cooking.

I made a post a few days ago under another thread and asked if my bricks in the dome and floor should be up to 900 F since my pizzas were more of the 5 minute variety than the 2 minute goal (my thermocouple readings were topping out in the 600-700 F range). James said that I need to build a bigger fire...though I find it hard to figure out how I'm going to add the logs without my arms & hands combusting. So, as soon as this rain moves out, I'm going to really pour it on and, hopefully, nothing happens except the bricks heat up to 900 or so (crossed fingers).
Old 03-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Bob, go the the FB store and buy the 18in. gloves. They work AWESOME! You can go plasma without concerns for arm hairs.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 03-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

That, and you can put your wood on the FB shovel and set it in place, while standing safely far back.
James