Old 06-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Serf

Default Re: 10 random questions as I look through this site:

The poster responds..

Well looks like I stirred the pot up a little here ;-)
Great to see all the interest in my post for both positive and negative reasons.

In any case I thank you all for your responses.

I just chose a few questions that came to mind as I trawled through the posts reading about all your experiences. I think that once you have built an oven, a lot of my questioning would seem like mundane and naive in nature.

Lets just say for someone who has no cement, brick or masonry experience, this all seems very daunting. As I read the plans, manuals, websites and forums in the past two weeks - These questions posted left me a little confused is all, and I thought a simple post to ask would fill in the gaps in my learning - and it did!

James - Well done with this website! It is both comprehensive and an amazing resource for the budding builder, I do agree however that there needs to be a place where 'stupid' questions can be asked. I think the newbie forum is a good place for this, but a FAQ page may also assist.

I'm looking forward to remaining a part of the forums as my project develops and ask a few more stupid questions along the way.

cheers!
Old 06-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Journeyman

You have asked some good questions and got some straight forward answers and replies. WTG!! Welcome to the site and hope you are reading it daily. Its the only way to get into this. Its already an obsession with me. I check this site before I check my email or take off my shoes when I get home. Lots of know how here waiting to be shared so dive in, the water is great.

My 44" oven in progress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Master Builder

I'll second that!! Welcome to the site (and your new obsession). Don't be intimidated if you have no experience. I have zero experience with building anything, more or less masonry work. Too many years in college, no time actually doing anything. It seems that the forum has a good mix of folks with no building experience, and a few "experts" to set us straight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Lets just say for someone who has no cement, brick or masonry experience, this all seems very daunting. As I read the plans, manuals, websites and forums in the past two weeks - These questions posted left me a little confused is all, and I thought a simple post to ask would fill in the gaps in my learning - and it did!
No sweat Janzoon. I was in the same boat as you last July. No brick experience and totally confused about how to begin.

We're eating some GOOD pizza now!
Keep reading and then start building. It all seems to come together.

Updated!