Old 02-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Tomato Sauce from Home Grown Tomatoes

Rossco,
Your tomato sauce with fresh tomatoes looks great. Nice intense color. OK, now I'm looking for my plane ticket and invitation for your weekend party .

The joke in my house is that I am a "tomato-based life form" since I cannot go 1 day without a tomato, well lots of them actually and your late season preserving methods have me jealous.

Kiwipete (Peter) your raised bed tomatoes are beautiful. Is that a basil plant growing in it too? You guys have got me thinking (drooling) about summer tomato gardening already. Good luck on this weekend Rossco, Cheers, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Tomato Sauce from Home Grown Tomatoes

Hi Dino - I sent the ticket so it must have got lost in the mail!!!

Actually it would be great if you showed up - the guests would no doubt be feasting on top quality cusine with you around. I would of course cede control of the catering to you instantly so you would be put to work right away and I would vacate the cooking area to become a diner and take advantage of the fine fare!!!

Tks for the kind comments on the sauce - discovering the fresh sauce method has been a real breakthrough for me. I will be making some more tonight in fact as I need to process the latest batch of mushy tomatoes quite soon as they are well ripe and ideal for saucing.

So have you got a good tomoto crop going at the moment or is the weather a bit on the cold side for tomatoes over there? If that is the case, what about glass houses/hydroponics??? I have just revived the hydroponics system at home and am looking to grow some Amish Paste tomatoes in it soon. Have had a bit of a hassle get the nutriment level correct but it would appear that things are on the right track now.

See you there at 7:00 on Saturday....