Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Artisan Ingredients (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f19/)
-   -   A pizza which has morel fiber (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f19/pizza-has-morel-fiber-3988.html)

edschmidt 05-06-2008 08:28 PM

A pizza which has morel fiber

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the pun/O'brother movie quote. My son and I went into the woods and discovered 8 black morels I fried 6 (poorly) and placed the rest on a pizza. They were tasty, Sorry I didnt get an after/bake pic.

edschmidt 05-06-2008 08:29 PM

Re: A pizza which has morel fiber

Oh, I also put jalapenios on that one (figured on going all out) P.S. on another note does everyone else put the cheese under the veggies on a supreme? I find it roasts the vegetables to perfection.

gjbingham 05-06-2008 09:46 PM

You're still POing me with the morel pics. I'm so jealous! Nice pizza though!

PizzaPolice 05-07-2008 06:54 AM

This is a great year for the elusive morels. In fact, everything seems to be blooming more abundantly than in years past. The other day, a friend of mine opened up a plastic grocery bag to show me the most beautiful morels I've ever seen. And the most wonderful earthy aroma!
........Gopher?

Inishta 05-07-2008 10:01 AM

Great pizza.........I wouldn't dream of covering the morels with cheese. Alas ours have now finished..................but they were great while they lasted.........:p

:cool:

PeterW 05-08-2008 02:54 AM

Want Morel envy...??

I remodelled (!) our back garden last year, and bought about 2cu yards of chipped bark in as a mulch. About the end of March this year, a small morel appeared.. followed by another... and another !!

We've now picked about 60, and they are still coming - this is in a suburban garden, and 6ft from my back door !! :-)

Cheers

Peter

Frances 05-08-2008 04:44 AM

Thats a Morel outrage. I'm feeling very Morelly deprived here...

No actually its very very cool. All we get in our garden is dandilions :(

PeterW 05-08-2008 07:09 AM

Dandelion leaves make a great salad - try it instead of rocket !

And I could go on about dandelion root coffee, but it tastes rank... !

Peter

Frances 05-08-2008 01:15 PM

Nah, don't like dandilions. But I put nettles in my vegetable pies sometimes, will that do?

DrakeRemoray 05-08-2008 02:45 PM

We have porcini (king bolete) up in the mountains here. I have found a couple, but cannot get the old timers I know to give up their favorite hunting spots (understandably)...