Old 07-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Apprentice

Default Arthur Avenue

thanks for the Arthur Avenue web site. Just ordered a selection of sausages and can't wait for their arrival
Old 07-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Cool. We've become sausage brokers.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:38 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
Cool. We've become sausage brokers.
James
As a professional business consultant and web-entrepreneur, I can see a niche that can be exploited by your online store. A one-stop pizza prep supplier for 'individuals' would be very very welcomed. Sausage is just part of that.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hi Lester,

Nice idea. We are offering a range of accessories for home pizza makers at the Forno Bravo Store -- for both pizza stone bakers and pizza oven owners. Pizza ingredients, tools, peels, stones, bakeware, etc. I am always open to recommendations. Take a look at let me know what you would add.

The only thing we are not set up to do in anything perishable. That's why we aren't doing mozzarella -- though I have a few ideas about finding good partners for that part of the pizza.

Let me know what you think!
James

Old 07-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
Hi Lester,

Nice idea. We are offering a range of accessories for home pizza makers at the Forno Bravo Store -- for both pizza stone bakers and pizza oven owners. Pizza ingredients, tools, peels, stones, bakeware, etc. I am always open to recommendations. Take a look at let me know what you would add.

The only thing we are not set up to do in anything perishable. That's why we aren't doing mozzarella -- though I have a few ideas about finding good partners for that part of the pizza.

Let me know what you think!
James
Well, let me ask you a few questions then; and feel free to take this to email if you are more comfortable with that.

1. What infrastructure are you lacking to add perishables (like mozzeralla, for example)?

2. How much does adding this infrastructure cost?

3. A thorough analysis of your traffic and your sales could yield a prediction of possible returns for moving into that realm. I can't make those kinds of decisions for you obviously, but I can definately visualize the opportunity. I see it (as I am sure you do). I 'get' it and I think America is ready.

With the right set-up, you could position yourself similar to Howard Shultz (of Starbucks Coffee fame) -- don't be afraid to use his model. He LOVED the cafes and coffee houses that he discovered during his time in Italy and tried to recreate that in the states with his first entrepreurial venture 'Il Giornale'. I am not suggesting that you start pizza restaurants; but you can definately use your vision, your enthusiasm, and your expertise to package this 'taste' and sell it. You are in a similar position to do the same thing as Howard with 'real' (or high-end) pizza, because there is want in the market but it is a hardship for the 'masses' to put all of the pieces together. All that remains for you is to put the rest of the hard to get 'authentic and high-end' ingrediants together for shoppers to 'buy it now'.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Peasant

I ate some of the dry sausage today. It was georgeous.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester
I ate some of the dry sausage today.
Your order arrived on Wednesday and you waited until Friday to sample it? You showed some heroic restraint!
Drake
Old 07-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeRemoray
Your order arrived on Wednesday and you waited until Friday to sample it? You showed some heroic restraint!
Drake
I only allow myself one day a week (sometimes two -- usually the weekend) to indulge in treats, like this sausage. Today is my day to have sausage and bake pizzas (and Cheesecake)! That said, let me assure you that the restraint was not an easy feat!